Sunday 29 July 2012

Locals Adventure - Red-Eyes Rampage!

Well its that time again. Another weekend has come and gone along with another Locals report featuring yours truely doing the narrating. I have to say this one was pretty fun, mostly due to my bringing not one but TWO fun decks to test. One of them was Gem-Knights which are explosive as hell now that Obsidian has finally been released. The other which was what I used to get first place again was Red-Eyes Hieratics. You know, the one I did a video on last week? Let's do this;

Round 1 - vs Six Samurai (2-0)
Game 1: He opens with a monster and backrow that I'm able to bait out while setting up my hand for an OTK. I end with a field of Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, Gaia Dragon the Thunder Charger and a Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon at 3600 attack. He has NO outs to it.
Game 2: Pretty much the same as before. Six Samurai can't get over Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon at all without Hand.

Round 2 - vs Chaos Blackwings (1-2)
Game 1: He sets a Blizzard and backrow before passing turn to my hand of REDMD, MST and 3 Hieratics. I OTK him quickly.
Game 2: I get a Tefnuit off of Cardcar D and have a glorious hand of REDMD, Nebthet, Su Dragon's Mirror and Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon. He however has Bottomless Trap Hole for my Tefnuit and I lose. Between repeated attacks from Blackwing Armor Master and my drawing MST, Lance and Inferno Fire Blast I have nothing.
Game 3: I don't see any Convocation, Tefnuit or Eset and I'm staring down an Armor Master and Shura. I scoop after drawing more dead cards.

Round 3 - vs Six Samurai (2-0)
Game 1: He gets a pretty boss field of Shien, Shadow Shien, Kageki and Kizan but I'm able to make Strike Bounzer, REDMD and Gaia Dragon while having a Dragon's Mirror in hand in case he has Dark Hole. He does. I kill him anyway.
Game 2: He opens with very little and I make another Strike Bounzer + Thunder Charger field.

Round 4 - vs Lightraysworn (2-1)
Game 1: My WTF level goes well past 9000 when I see him drop Necrovalley then play Thunder King. I'm able to slug through it bit by bit, but he has Dark Hole + drops Lightray Diablos
Game 2: My side deck does its work as between A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon and Smashing Ground I'm able to go off with a monstrous OTK.
Game 3: We slow play a bit as I work to make a Tiras that he's forced to crash a Lightray Daedalus into before I eventually take it.

Top 4 - vs Wind-Derp (2-1)
Game 1: He opens with Swords of Revealing Light which stonewalls me just long enough for him to get the pieces needed to Wind-Up loop my hand and drop an Adreus. I scoop it up in disgust.
Game 2: And then I proceed to horribly, brutally overkill him with the largest field I've done all day; 2 Gaia Dragon the Thunder Charger, Photon Strike Bounzer and REDMD. Fucking take THAT.
Game 3: We both open terrible and I'm forced to discard stuff in the end phase. He takes my Meteor Dragon with Monster Reborn, then I reborn my Darkness Metal Dragon and it becomes a series of REDMD reviving Meteor Dragon, I attack twice then Meteor Dragon gets kiled by Cyber Dragon. I play Smashing Ground and finish him off.

Finals - vs Dark World (2-0)
Game 1: He opens with a Zenmaines that I eventually bait into attacking me directly, allowing e to take full advantage of my hand with 2 Inferno Fire Blast, Red-Eyes B. Dragon and the cards needed to pull off a HUGE otk ending with a field of Darkness Metal Dragon, Gaia Charger x2 and Meteor B. Dragon.
Game 2: He doesn't draw a single Discard outlet other than Dark Smog, which I MST. I take it with Nebthet attacks and get first place with Red-Eyes Hieratic Dragons.

PROPS
-The deck when it doesn't give you bad hands performed well. Gloriously well.
-Winning with Red-Eyes B. Dragon and Darkness Dragon. x A million Style Points
-Getting some testing in with Gem-Knights. They performed decent. Opening with vanillas sucks bollochs, though.

SLOPS
-Drawing crap when things went bad. Standard Hieratics have a little more recovery ability. Plus it can run Gorz.

CHANGES TO BE MADE
-Picked up a copy of Versago the Destroyer so now I can try running this deck with Tour Guide From the Underworld in it. Making Dragon's Mirror live faster is always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment