Saturday 25 October 2014

CFV Locals Report - Blunt Force

I'm going to be blunt on this one, which seems to be a thing with me and Vanguard as of late this week as I've more or less said "fuck it" to my usual ways of going about things where I take time and eventually get to my point and instead just cut right to it.  Sometimes this has involved calling out people or our entire community.  I even went so far as to bury the dinosaurs that when a card game changes, they can't adapt and subsequently get left behind, losing and never getting anywhere because they're stuck in their old fashioned ways of thinking and playing, much like a few people I've seen at YGO Lolcals (anyone who usually says "remember when just summoning a monster was good enough?" tends to be like this).

I admit that the end of my rant I basically came off as a self righteous prick with my "I'll lead the way, feel free to catch up" remark but hey, I'll play the role of the heel if it means I get my point across.

To my surprise however there was no fallout at Locals over that so I'm going to assume that what I said was the truth, even if some people cannot accept it.  Onto the tournament!

Round 1 - Regalia vs Monarch Liberators (1-0)

Before the tournament it was 99% agreed upon by everyone present that G-Assist is an amazing idea and should be legal ASAP.  This game proved why as my opponent Gradelocked the entire game and while he did hit crits a few times, it only meant that I'd be able to Limit Break that much faster.

Round 2 - Regalia vs Daiyusha Reverse (1-0)

I honestly can't remember the order of my Round 2 and 3 games, but I'm certain I played Dickbutt Police first.  I rush him extremely early with 7ks that he can't guard and I believe he's gradelocked for this one so the game doesn't last long.  We play a second game for fun while waiting for the round and I outgrinded him with my restands and Ordain Owl's ability to give me big numbers.  38k VG Minerva and 38K Rearguard Minerva is a thing.

Round 3 - Regalia vs Revengers (1-0)

I don't remember much of this one because it was really, really quick for a Vanguard game.  I'm thinking his hand was ass as he wasn't able to guard both of Minerva's attacks and my RG attacks.

Round 4 - Regalia vs Rebirth (0-1)

This one went right down to the bloody wire as I don't see Minerva for a long ass time and when this deck doesn't have her in play it becomes extremely underwhelming.  I hold out for a while though and even make it through the Break Ride turn but in the end I deck out and lose.

Round 5 - Bye

I played Final Fantasy VI Advance, yeah!

I ended up finishing 4 - 1  tied for 2nd place with the Kagero player and we all pulled ass from our packs because Vanguard prize support is awful.  I did however trade off my SP Trans-Core for a Glow-Up Bulb, Ulti Drill Warrior, Downerd Magician, 2 Foucault's, a Meliae and Lonefire Blossom (Gigavise yo!) which is AOK.

Then drama happened over the right to post spoilers in the Facebook group because I find it really fucking stupid that I have to avoid Facebook for several days if I'm unable to see a new episode of Vanguard because god forbid I have a job that keeps me from watching it.  Turns out I'm not alone with this and people agreed with me and now it is so.  Don't like it?


I know I rustled at least one person's jimmies with this report but well I DID say I was going to be blunt on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment