Sunday 16 November 2014

YGO Locals Report - Angel Attacks



I wasn't even going to play today.  I just wanted to come down and chillax, get some trades and grind a little in Radiant Historia.  Nord however insisted I play and pretty much bribed me by lending Qliphort, also known as Big Red Dogs, Space Jews and Angels for their AT Field like effect.  So I did!  Question is how well would I do as someone who had NEVER played the deck before, let alone watched many games where people didn't open well?  Well...

Round 1 - Bye

Bah.  What a buzzkill.  I ended up doing more trades, watching ARG and theory guarding with fellow Team Try Fighter Cobb (I'm now part of a new team in Vanguard and I am naming us Try Fighters #GUNDAMREFERENCES) over what I should run in my newly accquired Liberator deck in addition to the pretty decent cards I pulled from the first restock of BT15 we got in.

Spoiler Alert I later bought a box and pulled damn near busted.  Glendios and SP Overlord Break Ride?  Little Bit.

Round 2 - vs Furnimals (2-0)

And then I face him in the next round.  Obviously he's NOT going to win this one as he's playing a Tier 7 deck vs the arguable best deck in the format.  Sadly my opening play of Helix beats got slowed down by a D-Prison.  However because I opened with Odd-Eyes into Scout which never got MST'd ever in Game 1, I slowly built up a hand where I was able to go off with Disk and win.  Game 2 I Skill Drain beats.

Round 3 - vs Satellarknights (2-0)

I'm really saddened Woodhouse got this deck again.  Now I get the joy of watching this moron play a linear deck, make bad misplays and obvious telegraphs while opening busted as usual.

Anyway Game 1 went hella long as I had to force out his Novas with double Emptiness and take several hits in addition to searching with Scout to the point that I had 200 LP while also dealing with his near inf. backrow (whereas I basically had none except the 2 Emptiness I opened with).  Thus with an over 8000 difference in life and the obvious Cowboy coming on the following turn I OTK him.

Game 2 I opened with Qli + Saqlifice and had Warning for his only way around it and won.

Top 4 - vs Shaddoll (1-2)

If Qliphort are the Angels, could Dolls be considered Evangelions?  When you think about it Evas are puppets with souls being strung along by their pilots...

In any case Game 1 I have a pretty decent hand with Skill Drain and while I do lose Scout to a Shadow Games + Dragon play I'm confident I can at least grind this out and win.

Then he summons Denko Sekka and I cry inside as I had set Saqlifice in case of more pops with Dragon and couldn't use it.  The game pretty much spiralled out of control from there.  Game 2 is a bit of a blur, but I'm certain I either OTK him or set up an unbreakable board.  Game 3 will go down as one of my worst as we go a bit back and forth but I make some brutal misplays that I'm still kicking myself over.  More than once I forgot to use Trampolynx's bounce effect to get more value out of Scout, searched the wrong cards off of DOUBLE Saqlifice and failed to remember I had Solemn Warning set when he activated El Shaddoll Fusion on my turn.  Worse yet?  I forgot to Pendulum Summon when I could have and beat over his Winda and attacked for potential game.  Had I used Warning the match would have been mine.  However I didn't which meant I had given the Evangelions a chance to respond and when you let Evas do their thing...



Props
-I played Qli
-Got REALLY good pulls from BT15 and picked up a decent amount of Musketeers.  Soon Vera, soon.

Slops
-I played YGO during my intended break from the game.
-I shot myself in the foot so hard I don't even have a leg anymore.
-Spent too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment