Monday 16 April 2018

Apr 14/2018 Locals Report - Granblue Fantasy

Took me a few days to realize I hadn't put anything up yet from the recent weekend.  Better fix that!

--

At this point I'm starting to entire "no fucks given" mode as I wait for the reboot to kick in and with it the rule changes along with the introduction of Standard Format.  As such I decided to play my (sadly) outgunned Nightrose deck as at this point nobody is playing Chaos or Gredora so I don't have to worry about getting completely fucked over by the no fun police.  Jury's still out on Dominate as that deck has the same non existent early game as Nightrose BUT because of Granblue's play style I could in theory not care about guarding early game pressure attacks or calling things out to rush only to have them die as I fight for first stride since they'll only come back.  In regards to Rinne I'm pretty certain the Negrolilly combo completely shuts it down if we break it down on a step by step basis;

-Rinne forces me to call 2 units from hand to R as dominated, one of them attacks VG
-G-Guard into Negrolilly, use it's effect to retire one of my non dominated RGs to call a Ghostie Normal unit to R.  Proceed to call the Ghostie on top of the non attacking Dominated unit.

...holy shit.  Negrolilly itself just stops the combo.  Nightrose's GB2 isn't even needed here!  God damn I love this deck.

Anywho I arrive and complete my trade of ZtB for Magia and have a good bulk of the deck now;


I should probably grab a few Silver Thorn strides in case Luquier ends up being the main unit of V-Series (and she probably will) but I've already done a bit of gold fishing using an ideal list and I'm seeing the potential for Premium format.  It should also be reasonably not expensive to touch up the deck so perhaps within a month I'll have a competitive Magia deck?  We'll see.

Round 1 - vs Messiah (Win)

He literally picked up the deck on this day and had never really played it before therefore a good bulk of this game was spent him reading his cards and figuring out plays.  Meanwhile I get to GB8 on third stride and shank him.

Round 2 - vs Dimensional Robos (Win)

I counterblast deny him early game so that he can't use Daihawk to go into Daiearth to gain advantage which is the one good thing about this otherwise shitty deck but unfortunately my start is weak and I have to first stride Obadiah in order to actually do anything.  I think he goes into Daikaiser Leon after this to my 4 damage and I throw down two PGs (well, one from hand and one from drop using my G-Guard) meaning he has to flip two 3s in order to break through which he doesn't.  Meanwhile because I had 3 Heals I was able to second stride my GB8 but he barely lives through it, I get through his turn and kill him on my following turn with Rosate.

Round 3 - vs ZtB (Lose)

This match ends up as loss as I ride Starlight Nightrose but play out my turn as if I'm on OG Nightrose and create an irreparable game state as a result.  Then we play a funzies in which I second stride GB8 but his constant defensive trigs and ZtB's inherently better consistently lets him survive and Heritage me.

Like I said before Nightrose is simply outgunned in this format.  She's a good rogue deck but against ZtB, Victor and Regalia she'll struggle.  Her G-Guards inherently counter Dominate and Darkness which happen to be high roll decks anyway.

1 comment: