Monday 20 May 2013

Lolcals Adventure - Boots to Asses

Alright so its been quite some time since I did one of these.  Bet you've been wondering how the last bits of stuff went.  Well to sum up the 100 card Traditional Tournament in a nutshell;

-Monarchs with all of the control switch cards are dumb.
-I sacked and got sacked.
-Samurai and their players can eat a colossal penis and choke on it.
-Leave it to Megamonkey and myself to have a skillful match in a bullshit environment.

FASTFORWARDTONOW

Tachyon is now legal...and 100 bucks a box.  Like a fool I YOLO and get two of them hoping that I could get a Dracossack from at least one of them.  I've pulled Rabbits and Duality during their peaks so its not unreasonable.  However instead of Sacks I end up pulling two Spellbook of Judgment.  OH OKAY THEN.  Neither of those are Dracossacks but I GUESS I can settle for this.  I also pull 2 Harpie Channelers and the good Fire Formation in the set while picking up Dragon Rulers.  Then Megamonkey suggested I play his take on Dragon Rulers since it's only fitting that the long time dragon player run the deck during its first weekend of legality at locals.  I decide sure why not and hastily made a side deck to handle our meta.  After doing that and looking over the deck I only had one thing left to say;

PREPARE THY ANUS FOR THY REAMING.

You know how I was all "Ophion savaged asses left and right" in the last post.  That was being comical.  This time I'm being legit.  Asses were going to get reamed.

Round 1 - vs Chaos Dragon (2-0)

Game 1; I start off surprisingly slow having to just pass turn with Seven Swords and Return from the Different Dimension.   I eventually get a Crimson Blader going while setting up a gigantic Return that does tremendous overkill.

Game 2; Standard Dracossack plays backed with Super Rejuvination.  I eventually have it, Blader and Big Eye and just decimate him.  Oh you have a Gorz on the field?  It would be a shame if someone were to...



Take it.

Got the expected reaction.  People hating the deck, etc, etc.  NEXT

Round 2 - vs Blackwings (2-0)

Game 1 - I open completely dirty and poop all over anything he does.

Game 2 - I actually had to work for this one as I went through both Dracossacks and something got Solemned.  I was ultimately able to wear him down and win through my beaters.

Round 3 - vs Fire Fist (2-0)

Game 1 - Made a Dracossack which he had problems getting around.  Then I flipped up Return and it was kay.

Game 2 - That rare time you're able to Heavy Storm 4 backrow and NONE of them are Starlight Road.  So good!  Anyway Dracossack again was a problem.  So was Big Eye and Scrap Dragon.  I also resolved several Gold Sarcs and Seven Swords.

Top 4 - vs Heroes (2-0)

Game 1 - This one took some time as I had to play through his Evacs, Grand Moles and big Shinings but Big Eye kind of handled it.  The look on his face when I told him he doesn't get Shining back at End Phase was priceless.

Game 2 - I don't really remember this one other than I was constantly summoning and summoning.  He had a Marshmallon which I went after with Gaia Charger and that helped set up a gameshot a few turns later after resolving some Rejuvinations.

Finals - vs Evols (2-0)

Game 1 - I dickbutt him pretty good with my combos.  He can't keep up even after having Dolkka negate several of my shit.

Game 2 - And in this game I crush his soul after setting up through Gold Sarcs a turn where I +8 off of Super Rejuvination and am ready to tear him a new one before he scoops it up.

From my Astral Pack I got a Harpies Hunting Ground and traded for Kerykeons.  Bitchin.  Now I need Ophion and Ouroboros.

Props
-Dragon by Balls across faces.
-Annihilating all of my matches with 2-0 wins.  I seriously scorched a guy so badly that his bad body odour could have possibly ignited.
-Pulling 2 Spellbook of Judgment

Slop
-Being a huge dickbutt.  This deck is disgustingly unfair and the prospect of it being the most commonly encountered deck at Nationals makes me question wanting to go.
-Not being able to make Lucky Straight
-Not pulling Dracossack.

No comments:

Post a Comment