Monday 9 September 2013

Locals Report - The Fire Still Burns

So I started my day off like any other.  I got up, ate breakfast and took a shower before heading out because you know, that's how the awesome people do it.  Unlike some people though I went the extra mile and actually used soap and deodorant before leaving for locals!  Fascinating, is it not?  Well results speak as I was one of the few people who DIDN'T attract the flies.  No I'm not kidding.  There were at least 5 flies in the shop and they were attracted to the individuals who have always placed Card Games as a higher priority than hygiene.

And yet for all of that they still amount to scrubs whose decks stink even more than they do.  Ever wonder why they also never sleeve their decks?  I know.  It's because the smell of rotting flesh and feces would cause Ultra Pros to wither up like leaves from a dying tree.  In that case I can understand why spending money on sleeves that you'll ruin in a matter of hours would be bad.

Or you could spend the money on some fucking soap you filthy bastards.

"I don't bite!"


Condescending?  Perhaps.  But it is the truth.  You DAMN RIGHT.  Onto the locals where I decided to play Fire King because I had Wolfbarks that I wanted to get some use out of before possibly selling them!  It's not the first time I've made a deck just because all of the pieces fell into my lap.

Round 1 - Dragunity Ruler (0-2)

Game 1 - Unfortunately not much to say on this.  He had answers and I made a misplay that ultimately cost me the match.

Game 2 - He's got the answers again.  Vanity's Emptiness is a real pain for this deck to deal with if you don't draw the MSTs which I didn't.

Anyway with my spot in top cut now confirmed I was now disappointed.  If you lose just a single round at locals with the turnouts we have you're pretty much screwed out of a top finish unless the people you beat have good records which would require them to be good..

....

Yeah exactly.  My chances of being paired up against competent players were extremely slim.  This was confirmed after the next pairings were announced.

Round 2 - Typical DevPro Player.dek (2-0)

Game 1 - ...did he seriously use Sakuretsu Armor on a Fire King monster?

Game 2 - I'm surprised he wasn't running 60 cards.  What, you were expecting more elaborate stuff?  "Oh I played against a scrub using a random pile of cards that did nothing but stall and annoy me!  It's okay though because I CRUSHED him."

Yeah whoop dee FUCKING do.  Next round.

Round 3 - vs Junk Doppel (2-0)

Game 1 - He makes Librarian which is cool but then I played trap cards that disrupted his strategy and won.

Game 2 - Bottomless on Road Warrior is a painful thing.  I resolve an Onslaught and it's over.

As I thought I finished out of top cut which was disappointing.  I got to see Dragunity Rulers vs Inzektor Agents and Prophecy.  The last one was a near 40+ min long match.

On that note I've got a lot of mixed feelings about Dragunity Ruler.  I can see its power and speed but I don't know.  I've been testing it as well and I'm not quite getting the hang of things.  It's easy to just play it as a Dragunity deck with extra monsters to summon or vice versa (which is considered to be "doing it wrong" but I'm certain there is a style of play that intertwines the two decks.  Can I understand enough of this deck to take it to Regionals where I KNOW the Mirror Match and things using Maxx "C" will be present?  Time will tell.

That said we all went to Robins where games of Vanguard were had and I played Cubed where I had both pleasant and REALLY salty experiences.  Fucking Divine Wrath.  Fucking super situational combination of random cards.  Take my Crimson Blader then BOOK IT so I don't get it back.

I did resolve some turn 1 Dustshoots and made a Trishula.  He should not come back.

Props
-Proving that once again when it comes to Fire Kings I AM the better player.  Woodhouse has nothing on me and I've only played the deck sporadically since release.
-Picking up an Ultra Upstart Goblin for various purposes.
-Played as well as I could with what I had

Slops
-Misplays.  They cost games
-Fucking flies everywhere.

BONUS: Derps
-Return from the Different %(*ing Dimension.  This card is SO getting banned.

No comments:

Post a Comment