Saturday 31 May 2014

CFV Locals Report - A Flash of Lightning

First up.  Time for the shots fired segment.  If I piss off people here then I'm pressing the right buttons.

Am I the only one who finds it obnoxious if not borderline douche-like to do stupid shit during duels/fights/etc?  Okay, every one in a while it is entertaining to go over the top ala the anime that these card games are based on with the "ORE NO TARN!", but it's really only fun to do so with an opponent who'll respond in kind.

Declaring Final Turn, pumping out music at max volume for an "epic move" that's really just a basic play and straight up pulling Ren shit like "I'm gonna beat you with this card" to someone who wants no part of that though?  Come on.  That's disrespectful.

Maybe I'm too serious about this stuff and my fun comes from having a simple game without the theatrics but I honestly find this shit to be really annoying.  If I want card games with explosions and drama then I'll fucking watch a card game anime.

Alright, now for the report.  I went to locals for a few rounds/to do trades and decided to take Eradicators for the tournament as Ginevous Aqua Force is...horribly outclassed in a post BT13 environment.  Wound up with a playset of Tidal Assault which is good in both Tetra Drive and Malestrom builds after some pack purchases and play started almost immediately.

Round 1 - vs Daiyusha Reverse (1-2)

Game 1 he ends up Grade Locked and I kill him.  Game 2 and 3 simply came down to me not having enough defenses to constantly handle Daiyusha Reverse's Limit Break or being able to hit triggers when I really needed them.  On the plus side my opponent doesn't do the awful play of throwing a whole bunch of cards into the soul to Superior Ride a Grade 3 from the deck.  Seriously it's not a good play.  You lose SO MUCH from it.

"But it wins games!"

Even if it'll win the game here or there, a bad play is still a bad play and justifying it with "it wins games" does not make it any less bad.  Throwing Armed Dragon Level 10 into an Armed Dragon deck can "win games" every once in a while too but does that justify it?  Hell no.

Round 2 - vs Ancient Dragons (2-1)

Bad matchup, but the player is prone to making misplays so I ended up winning the games that I didn't misride, which was obviously the one I lost.  In regards to misplays I mean more of I attack and he guards with enough shield that all I need is a 1 trigger to pass and I end up doing so and killing him through Guantlet Buster's Limit Break and such

Round 3 - vs Daikaiser.dek (2-1)

Game 1 went hella long and it was actually a good game of Vanguard given that I'm up against Dickbutt Police.  I grind him down and am able to stave off his Break Ride pushes and eventually win the first game, lose the second then win the last game because my opponent bricked hard and after having bricked terribly many times before I'm like "I should feel bad about this but...NO MERCY!" and do just that.  It ends up being a bit of a game and he's unable to punt things with the Daikaiser Limit Break to which I'm like THANK YOU HELIX.  I never hit a single Crit trigger in that game btw.  A couple heals and a draw though which is nice as I NEVER HIT HEAL TRIGGERS.

Round 4 - vs Shadow Paladin (2-1)

Its the Illdona build which means much hand advantage, but otherwise Eradiators take a giant shit all over the deck and that's basically what happened.  I pop things, swing with giant attackers, Descendant does his thing.  I only lost the second game due to a clutch double trigger when he needed 2 to pass.  Otherwise the one of Vowing Saber Reverse did dirty things, followed by Descendant.

After that I left for dinner at Memories with family.  32 bucks for a steak sandwich dinner?  Fucking gay.  I don't care if it's a fancy do restaurant.  That 30+ bucks I spent could have been three times more in food from even Boston Pizza.  Hell the Pita I had last night was just as filling but less than 10 bucks.

Props
-I'm pretty sure I finished in first place, if not second?
-Got my playset of Tidal Assault
-Bought 5 Flashfire, got Lysandre, Charizard EX, Shiftry and Miltank.  I'd say that's profit
-Perfect Guarding 3 Daikaiser Break Rides and succeeding.  NO PUNTING FOR YOU DICKBUTT POLICE.

Slops
-Bricking
-Paying for disgustingly expensive, but tasty food.

No comments:

Post a Comment