Sunday 20 July 2014

Lolcals Report - Sacking Intensifies

Actually went to both CFV and YGO locals this weekend.  No need to write two reports however as the Vanguard one can be summed up as one of those days.

I went 3-6 and two of my wins came through sacking.  All the loses were due to a combination of bricking, gradelocking, getting sacked or just not being able to close it out.  I hate having to need to hit a critical to win games, but there were at least 7 situations where my opponent was at 4 damage and I just couldn't hit triggers off my drive check.  I can sure as hell draw them for turn and my opponents have no problem nailing me with clutch triggers.  Let's just say I lost a lot of confidence in Eradicator's ability to keep up with the rest of the decks in the format.

On the plus side, I scored a set of Tempest Bolt Dragons, 3 Ignition Dragons and 2 Dauntless Reverse that were put towards picking up Minervas, so now I have a fully complete Regalia deck.  Yay!

Now onto the YGO section which will be short as I couldn't participate in a full tournament due to family obligations.  So I decided to throw together a Scrap Deck and dick around with Pendulums and so on while siding anti Regina cards.

3x Scrap Beast
3x Scrap Chimera
2x Scrap Golem
1x Scrap Orthros
1x Scrap Goblin
3x Timegazer Magician
3x Stargazer Magician

3x Scrap Factory
3x Terraforming
3x Supply Squad
3x Scrapyard
3x Scrap Storm
3x Upstart Goblin
2x Soul Charge
1x Book of Moon

3x Royal Decree

3x Scrap Dragon
2x Scrap Twin Dragon
1x Scrap Archfiend
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Stardust Spark Dragon
1x Number 101: Silent Honor ARK
1x Number 83: Heartlandraco
1x Evilswarm Exciton Knight
1x Daigusto Emeral
1x Gagaga Cowboy
1x Abyss Dweller
1x Lavalval Chain

3x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Light-Imprisoning Mirror
2x Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror
2x Nobleman of Crossout
2x Xyz Encore
2x Maxx "C"
1x D.D. Crow
1x Soul Release

After taking the time to tell people about the rule changes and some rulings regarding Pendulums things were underway.  Slight note though.  I absolutely hated the person who was running the tournament today.  I swear he's either retarded or a real slacker as he was pissing around on his phone for most of the time I was there or away from the counter (I've seen him texting while people are waiting for him to ring them through on cash register) which made it difficult for people to report their rounds.  I understand the usual person is having problems at the moment, but really?  Him?  Thank god I was there for the one instance a ruling was needed as Nord and Cobb were both away.


Round 1 - vs Agents (2-0)

One of the friends of the out of towners, I'd say he's okay at the game.  Some more time and he'll improve.  In any case this was his first time seeing Scraps and well I annhilated him.  Game 1 he sets  and a backrow to my Factory, Yard and Storm so I'm able to make Twin Dragon and keep him from having anything on field or in grave, ever.  Game 2 he opens with a Jupiter and a set I think and I throw a Beast at him with Factory to see if he's got Honest or something of those lines and force out a Prison that I chain Scrap Storm to and start comboing.  He's got a Chaos Sorc, but it's not enough to deal with Dragon and Twin Dragon so I kill him.  I should note that he blind spaced me twice when on two occasions he could have popped my Factory while I was trying to combo.  I told him as such and he got scolded by the others.

Round 2 - vs Sylvans (2-1)

He elects to go first and makes Dracossack + Felgrand and I don't have the cards to deal with that, so I concede Game 1, side in hand traps but opt to go second on the reason of needing the 6th card to have a chance of winning this.  He goes off on his turn, resolves Soul Charge ending with Dracossack and the Lv 7 and I feel all kinds of sad since I don't see my Maxx "C"s, but then I draw the card I need to go off and clear his board with Twin Dragon, then resolve Factory another time and kill him.  Game 3 he sets the obvious Mushroom, but I can't kill it since I'm holding an Othros, 2 Factory and D.D. Crow.  He goes off on the following turn, I consider Crowing his Princessrpout but hold off on it for a potentially more clutch play and well, he resolved Miracle Fertilizer twice and Soul Charged with 2 Lonefires which made me kind of upset since he only runs Charge as a one of in the deck.  He ends his turn with a Dracossack, Felgrand and something else I think while I've got 2 Factory and a Orthros in my hand.  ORE NO TARN!  *Arm snap*

Scrapyard.



Exactly what I needed.  I summon Beast, then Orthros with Factory in play to bait out the Felgrand, which he does.  After that I Exciton and resolve a Factory on the following turn and win.

Round 3 - vs Lightsworn Ruler (2-0)

It's Magnus!  And he's playing a good deck!  Sadly his Raiden milled terribly and I had Factory and Supply Squad plays to take advantage of his slow start, so I kill him quickly.  The second game he mills a bit better, but is forced to flip Vanity's Emptiness prematurely because I had 2 Supply Squad in play and a face up Goblin and he knew I had Orthros in hand.  The Emptiness dies off on his turn because of milling and I go off HARD thanks to Factory and Soul Charge, ending with Scrap Dragon, Stardust Spark, Golem and Abyss Dweller (Dragon had hit a T-Roar prior) with Book set for his Michael play.

After that I end up having to leave to attend a BBQ with family, and much free food was had.

Props
-Finishing Genesis.  I'm now set for the deck until the Extra Booster comes out.  Brawler and Regalia are probably going to be my main decks post BT16.
-Kicking ass with Scraps.  I gave Magnus the win since I was leaving after our round, but I was undefeated the entire day and only lost one game due to Sylvans doing Sylvan things.  I think the matchup is either or pre siding due to Twin Dragon being so good.  Pretty sure if I had even one more hour I could have gotten 1st.  Oh well it's not like we have any Astral Packs to win.

Slops
-Crashing hard with Eradicators.  My god did yesterday suck ass.
-I never once got to Pendulum Summon.  Without Odd-Eyes the Magicians are really difficult to use well.  I never drew them together and Timegazer is ass after making a board.

No comments:

Post a Comment