Saturday 2 August 2014

CFV Locals Report - Taking Charge

Simple report this time around as sadly we only had 6 people in the tournament, and the person running it had to step out for about 4 rounds which meant I had to run it...which I'd never done before.

Oh boy.

It wasn't so bad.  Since I was the one calling the shots I decided to make the tournament best of 3 style because FUCK losing due to gradelock or getting double triggered.  Everyone was thankful for this until the last round when we all wanted to leave, so I made that a best of one.

I ended up taking Regalia to this to see how it would fare in actual rounds and bought some packs while waiting.  Then the tournament began;

Round 1 - vs Murakumo (2-0)

He didn't show, so I won and pulled a Nouvelle, 1st ED Rainbow Dragon ScR and FA Lysandre.

Round 2 - vs Dimension Police (0-2)

FUCKDAIKAISERFUCKDAIKAISERFUCKDAIKAISERFUCKDAIKAISERFUCKDAIKAISER

Round 3 - vs Seal Dragon (2-1)

This came down to either me dying on the Dauntless Break Ride turn due to not having enough shield or not.  Game 1 I didn't due to double trigger wheras G2 and G3 Minerva's Limit Breaks got me there with the help of a crit here and there.

Round 4 - vs Ezel (W)

I had amassed adequate cards in hand to withstand 2 of Grand Ezel's limit breaks, while getting off Minerva's and nailing a crit off of my 4 Drive checks.

I ended up placing tied for 1st and then called it a day after doing some more trades.

Props
-Got to play Minerva
-Picked up some sweet cards
-Pulled Nouvelle Vague.  Good thing I'm not playing Kagero.  I'd hate to put the money into Dauntless and Vague.

Slops
-Bought Tactical Evolution for Summoner's Art.  Pulled the Secret Rainbow Dragon.  FAIL.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment