Saturday 30 August 2014

CFV Locals Report - Something something LIMIT BREAK

I don't really have anything witty to say here, other than this makes it two straight weeks that I've been able to go to Vanguard Locals.  I once again took Regalia as it's become painfully obvious that Eradicators have been power crept out of the game and I've got no choice but to wait until Brawlers are released if I want to do good with Narukami anytime soon.

Except for the whole Brawler Trial Deck not getting a release date.  WTF is with that?  The RP, GP and LJ Trial Decks, SP and Regalia extra boosters AND Fighter's Collection are all coming out in November, but BT 16 and Brawlers aren't?

Man I'm really glad I invested in this deck then.  That means I only have to drop money on updating Regalia for a post Legion environment and Yggdrasil is kind of good.

Anyhow tournament time;

Round 1 - vs Neo Nectar (Win)

He's playing the Venus Reverse deck, and it does some cute things while I'm trying to play out of a bad hand.  I'm able to ride to Grade 3 which is fine, but for about 5 turns I draw triggers and damage check rearguards so I'm forced to swing with Angelica and soak up some hits.  Then I hit a Draw Trigger, draw Minerva and Cross-Break, winning a turn later.

Round 2 - vs Aqua Force (Win)

A chance to avenge myself from last week!  Unfortunately he gets Grade Locked at 2 and I'm not, so this doesn't end up being close.

Round 3 - vs Gold Paladin (Win)

The classic matchup of he who hits triggers vs he who draws them.  He gets Ezel out quickly, but I keep killing off his rearguards so that when he rides Platina Ezel and goes for the ultimate break, he's forced to play out his entire hand and I've got defense for days and kill him the following turn.

Round 4 - vs Pale Moon (Win)

I steamrolled this guy, simple as that.  I hit a trigger during one of my four drive checks and kill him with Minerva.

Round 5 - vs Gold Paladin (Win)

This one also goes pretty quickly as he draws into too many grade 3s in hand and I kill him before he can Break Ride Spectral Duke.

After this we all decided to move to the basement floor because it was unbearably hot where we were playing, which everyone was thankful for...except two people dropped out because they were too lazy to move downstairs.  Lolwat?  Seriously?

Round 6 - Narukami (Win)

New guy that we spent a good five minutes explaining why pretending to be Ren or Leon is bad, and why saying Final Turn is not only disrespectful but can get you in shit in a tournament.  Unlike some people, he got the fucking hint.

This one shamefully went down to the bloody wire.  He was playing a trial deck + some random cards, but I Soul Charge all three of my Ordain Owls, which is a huge blow to my late game and whiff on my drive checks for a few turns.  I kill him with one card left in the deck.

Round 7 - Link Joker (Lose)

A combination of not having adequate defenses, getting rushed and having my front row locked screws me over before I get a chance to get rolling.  Unfortunately I need to be able to set up my soul for constant Minerva Limit Breaks in order to beat that deck and that's hard to do at 5 damage to 3 with Grade 2s and 3s in hand.

Despite the loss I finished with the best record and got first place, earning ANOTHER The Blood mat and a shitty prize pack because Bushiroad fails at making prize packs.

Then we all left and had pizza.  Iz good.

Props
-Got my first decisive First Place Finish.  Yeah I'm proud of that seeing as our tournaments have both skillful players and extremely sacky players.  Beating both is a feat.  Beating both in a single day should be an Achievement.

Slops
-Didn't go undefeated...

No comments:

Post a Comment