Monday 22 June 2015

YGO Locals Report - Infernoid vs U.A.

To be honest I'm going to blow through this as our Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament was Traditional Format and my experience was really, REALLY silly.  I decided to throw some banned cards into my Infernoid deck that complimented the theme (so Painful, Graceful, DMoC) as I didn't have the time or desire to dig through my cards for things needed to build Darklaw.dek.  To be honest I went into this thing half hearted as I really just wanted to watch the stupidity of every player's deck in action while waiting for some friends to come down so I could do some trades.  Picked up cards I needed for Pokemon while getting rid of my Lose 1 Turns as I suspect the card is going to drop to 30 post Nats while getting some games of Vanguard in.  For the tournament itself, well;

Round 1 - vs DN.dek (2-0)

He tried to use Forbidden Chalice from his hand on my turn to stop Blaster's in hand effect to pop a card.

Round 2 - vs U.A. (2-0)

I bait out a Perfect Ace, get a decent Reasoning off with Card of Safe Return and just pound him.

Round 3 - vs U.A. (2-0)

He bricked both games while I resolved Reasoning, Card of Safe Return and Charity/Painful Choice.  Not much else I can say on that.

Top 8 - vs U.A from Round 2 (2-1)

At this point I'm thinking that this is getting silly as I've basically only played against UAs today which is a problem matchup due to Perfect Ace being able to stop my mill engines if I go second yet if I go first I lose out on that vital card needed to get me out of the early game.  In this case I bricked Game 1 while he had Ace, Slugger and Jersey while Game 2 I beat him down and bricked game 3.  I get beaten down to 1200 and have a hand of Card of Safe return, 1 Infernoid Monster and irrelevant spells while he has a Perfect Ace, Slugger and Rebounder on the board.  I draw for turn and it's Graceful Charity which he lets through after my attempt to bait it with CoSR failed and I draw into Raigeki and Pot of Greed to which I'm like "YES!"
I bait out the negate, draw Card Destruction which draws me into Feather Duster so I can blow up his backrow and I draw enough monsters to start plussing off CoSR and I eventually win.

Top 4 - vs U.A. from Round 3 (0-2)

Okay NOW this is getting stupid.  My 4th game in a row against that deck and it was only a matter of time before I dropped to one.  Both games can be summed up as I had him on the ropes and dead next turn, but he topdecked the one card needed to set up a Dreadnought Dunker + 2 Jerseys to OTK.  I got completely and utterly dunked.

So that happened and sometime after we all left for Robins where I got to play Aqua Force vs Machinings and as I may have mentioned before that deck is kinda scary because of how Stun works with Stride in addition to Aquas not liking having their shit stunned.  Long story short I was able to win, but it was by no means easy.  You will have to sometimes not attack their VG so they don't get Machining Damage and when you can, attack their rear guards.  Destroyer needs RGs in order to use his skill so if you keep killing off the sides, they're eventually going to run out of things to use or even worse call triggers down.

Then I traded off Pale Moons to a friend for...a lot of things and that was basically it.

Props
-Ballering.  Got so much stuff for things I didn't need.
-I now have a complete Force of Will deck, an almost done Colourless Rayquaza Deck, a Metalborg Core, Stick and Chair, Gear Chronicle, a Sylvan Core and a ton of other stuff for basically 120 bucks.
-Top 4'd with a deck that I didn't intend to do well with

Slops
-Phantom Blaster Diablo is dumb.
-FOUR UAS IN A ROW.  WHAT THE HELL

No comments:

Post a Comment