Sunday 10 February 2013

Suck my Basilicock!

Yup another locals report from the Blue Corner and as usual something silly happened at the store. We'll get to that later.

Anyway I decided I'd play the new Fire King Structure Deck with Hazy Flames mixed in.  I just needed to get the Fire Deck which I had none of beforehand.  Thankfully Tramps had 3 left in stock so I bought those out and started building, shuffling and etc before getting some trading done.  Ended up getting a Gold Rare Gold Sarcophagus for Disaster Dragon, Recycling Batteries for Thunder, 2 Super Rare Terraforming for Dragunity, Brotherhood Tiger King, Laval Stennon, 2 Super Rare Wulfs, 2 Gold JDs, 1 Super Hand of the Six, 1 Night Beam, 1 Ascetism, 1 Convulsion of Nature, 1 Gateway, Catapult Turtle and a Fire Formation Tenki.  Awesome.  Now for the tournament.

Round 1 - vs Lightsworn (2-0)

Game 1 - Lose the dieroll but I open with Onslaught so I'm able to start plussing with Garunix.  He eventually drops BLS and JD on me but I'm able to work around it with multiple Rekindlings and Gaia Dragon's massive piercing damage against 2 Rykos.

Game 2 - I get the ball rolling and he drops JD but makes the misplay of using his field nuke effect with a Garunix on board.  Yeah that did not end well.

Round 2 - vs Inzektors (2-0)

Game 1 - Ah yes the Threatening Roar build with Call of the Haunted.  Flamvell Firedog forced those out early while I start building up resources to summon Basilitrice and remove things.  He clears them but I Rekindling him for game.

Game 2 - Garuinix was a gigantic douchebag this game as I brought it out with Onslaught while he had a Zenmaines on the board so that was a guaranteed means of triggering his effect twice and I flipped Dust Tornado after he played Di Fissure, summoned Centipede and tried to Hornet Garuinx.  He makes another Zenmaines so I'm constantly knocking materials off and finally force him to get rid of his Messinger of Peace and create a you can't win board he has no choice but to Dark Hole...then I Rekindling for game.

Round 3 - vs Dark World (2-1)

Game 1 - I MST his Gates and this slows him down horribly as he only had Beiige and Goldd in his hand which I Bottomlessed.  I run over Beiige with Firedog and spam Fire Circle to OTK him.

Game 2 - He opened with 2 Dragged Downs to my one Gemini Imps and starts doing Dark World bullshit.

Game 3 - I get him back though by Imping his one Dragged Down and playing Rekindling and using Fire Ring for game.

Top 4 - vs Mermail Atlantean (0-2)

Game 1 - I open terribly as usual against anyone good.  Barong as my only monster and no Onslaught in sight is a terrible thing to have against anything super fast paced like Merlanteans.  Would have killed to get a Firedog but nope.  I admit my build has consistency issues but come on!  I would have liked to have put up a fight.

Game 2 - I open pretty meh but eventually get Garunix out which does stonewall him for a bit, but he's able to drop Moulinglacia and that answers that.  I topdeck into a Fire Ring and I'm done.

My opponent goes on to beat Dark World in the finals which was called Faggot World while Water was called Derpy Water.  My deck got named Derpy Fire to which I told the judge he was wrong.  It's called Suck my Basilicock and he promptly DIED laughing.  After this we went to Robins to shoot a Banlist video while also doing some games of Yugioh and Vanguard that I recorded.

Props
-Deck has tremendous potential for something relatively inexpensive.  Commons and rares from Cosmo Blazer and the Structure deck go a long way.  It can be made better using some powerful cards like Cardcar D and Threatening Roar.
-Garunix is too stronk.
-Beating Dark World despite seeing a whole 3 of my 7 sided in cards.
-Watching one of those bad players snap because his shitty Hero deck got whooped by something consistent.

Slops
-My shitty games against Mermail Atlanteans.  I was roflstomping everything before hand then I drew CRAP.  Multiple Controllers weren't nearly as awful as what I had to work with.
-Pot of Duality and Bottomless are kinda hit or miss.  I may drop them for CCD and TRoar.

Other
-My god the number of Yugi-Hipsters is increasing.  I can't go to a locals without someone bitching about cookie cutter this or acting holier than thou because they're using a card that nobody does in an established deck...because that amazing card is awful.
-WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP TRYING TO USE DECOY DRAGON IN DRAGON DECKS.  THE CARD IS COMPLETE.  UTTER.  HORSESHIT.  STOP BEING A FUCKING BAD AND RUNNING THIS COCKSUCKER.

No comments:

Post a Comment