Sunday 24 February 2013

Locals Adventure - Beat by the Bubble

Last post of the September 2012 Format!  Hard to believe it's already come to a close.  In regards to my thoughts on the format as a whole it was pretty fun Mermail and Wind-Up nothwithstanding (I'm sorry but I've had a strong hate for that deck since ORCS).  I got a top and was able to play several decks including one that was super Meta before I traded it off.

Most notably this format was where Yu-Gi-Oh! DevPro made a name for itself as an alternative to Dueling Network in regards to online dueling and overall its SO.  MUCH.  BETTER.  Fuck the bad kids who try to summon Cyber Dragon after Tour Guide and fuck the people who think they're amazing players but don't bother to pay attention to what Koa'ki Meiru Drago does and tries to Battle Fader it but then have the audacity to claim they know "how to fucking read" when I start telling them what Crimson Blader and Queen Dragun Djinn does on summon.

Oh and fuck Prophecy.  Much like Wind-Ups the deck used to be cool but then Konami broke the fuck out of it.  Now it's become a self touch deck like Dark World.  In fact Prophecy is the NEW Dark World.  Yes I fucking went there because its so god damned true.  The difference is that Dark World sometimes require you to play out of bad hands of Discard Outlets with no Monsters.  Prophecy has fucking Spellbook of Judgment.  You know it's sad when a deck makes Dark World look skillful.

That said I decided to play a deck that could use 2 Solemn Warning since the card is wrongfully going to 1 this banlist when really it should have been done in Sept 2011.  Its a deck I was able to finish upon getting a 2nd Fire Fist Bear and that would be Tenki Gladiator Beasts.

Round 1 - vs Photons (2-0)

Game 1; I don't want to be mean here but this guy's deck has gotten worse over the last year.  Too many gimmicks that kill the overall flow of the deck.  As such I was able to out advantage him through Tiger King and giant Laquaris.

Game 2; I booked his Photon Thrasher and started doing things.  He didn't have a chance.

Round 2 - vs Xyz Deck (2-0)

Game 1; I summon a Darius and he sets a backrow before swinging at it with Alexandrite Dragon but I Lance it.  Then I got to pop his backrow with Bestiari and it snowballed from there.

Game 2; I dropped Gyzarus a couple times and just went HAM.

Round 3 - vs Water (1-2)

Game 1; Not much I could do here.  He got Abyss Sphere off and I couldn't stop his plays.

Game 2;  He opened two Genex Controller and I hit his Megalo with a War Chariot.

Game 3; Okay so I open with Dimensional Fissure and completely stonewall his deck.  He has an all mosnter hand for like 5 turns and time gets called.  I'm all set to win and have a second DiFi but I don't play it because I was fearing the Heavy Storm.  Well it didn't matter because he ripped MST off the topdeck and proceeded to OTK me.  SALT.  CONSIDERABLE SALT.

And that was it.  Due to the turnout and time only top 4 could make playoffs.  Of course I'm going to be part of this seeing how I only lost 1 match and it was to the undefeated person, right?  NOPE!  A fucking scrub kid got in over me.  The rest of us at Team Tries Too Hard were like wtf how did some baddy get into top here.  Turns out he was playing Dark World which goes to show that anyone can build that piece of garbage and do good with it.  Oh well then!  And if you think that's bullshit then wait until you hear about the end.

You see the prize support which happened to be Astral Packs and older TP packs were done in a dumb manner.  First and Second got Astral Packs and there were 5 to go so obviously the remaining five good people could pick what they want, right?  NOPE!  We're going to preset which slots between 3-16 get an Astral Pack and completely make the point of trying to do good and place well COMPLETELY MOOT.  What the hell is the point of trying to win all my games and top when I can throw every match, get last place and get the same prize as whoever worked their ass off to get 1st place?  LOGIC!

So screw that noise.  I bought a few packs of Blazer and pulled my third Breakthrough Skill and a FF Horse Prince.  Traded the Breakthrough for Super Terraforming and therefore my Dragunity gets more blinged.

After this we went to Robins were I had a few more games of Yu-Gi-Oh followed by Cardfight!! Vanguard where I won nearly all of my games against the likes of Dark Irregulars, Nova Grappler, Amber Dawn Kagero and Oracle Think Tank. I also got to experience the misfortune of decks with 12 Critical Triggers to my 8 and 4 Stands/4 Heals.  My god I don't like how I have to wait for half a year for Narukami to get more Crits and support in general.  Narukami is a good deck but it's got a horrific lack of support compared to Gold Paladin.  Vermillion only goes so far on his own.  The Eradicators can't come soon enough.

Then to wrap it all up there were multi way Yu-Gi-Oh! Duels and oh dear god the amount of insane bullshit that happened.  Lulz of massive levels were had.  Same for fails.  Some were epically awesome and others were outright facepalm worthy.

Props
-People still don't know how the fuck GBs work.
-Slapping people around with Narukami
-Mega Man Battle Network talk
-Seeing two people Compulse each other back and forth.
-Super Rare Terraforming!

Slops
-Getting sacked by Water
-Bubbling out and seeing a terrible version of Dark World make top 4.
-Realizing that the best plays of my deck were off of the Fire Fist cards.  Pure Fire Fists are so much better than Tenki Glads and that's dissappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment