Sunday 3 March 2013

Lolcals Adventure - Memory of a Friend

New format!  Indeed today marks the first blogpost of the Yu-Gi-Oh! March 2013 Format and by the looks of it this may turn out to be even shittier than March 2012.  Oh don't get me wrong right now things are better than last year but let me tell you guys when Lord of the Tachyion Galaxy comes out we're all FUCKED.  Capcom fucking over anyone who bought a 3DS for Mega Man Legends 3 level fucked.

Ooooooh.

On the plus side (if there is one) the Elemental Dragons are in that set and they're bitchin to play with.  I recently gave Tempest Dragunity a go and jesus.  Easily a tier 1.5 deck now.  If Prophecy wasn't a deck it'd easily be Tier 1.  Still don't have a finalized list (I've seen some OCG builds run virtually no traps for instance which I feel is a giant no no in a deck like Dragunity) but I'm working on it.

Back to Lolcals.  Yes I'm calling these posts that now because for the most part our locals are Lols.  Anyway for this Locals I decided to use Lightsworn since I was short an Advanced Ritual Art for Herald Agents, short one Breakthrough Skill for Dragunity and I didn't want to use Macro Rabbit yet.  That and I had a more personal reason for wanting to play Lightsworn.  I'll elaborate on this in a video.

Round 1 - vs Chaos Dragon (2-1)

Game 1 - I attack into a Ryko who pops my Ryko and he kinda puts a shit ton of damage on the board.  Also my mills were complete garbage.  Lost a Monster Reborn.

Game 2 - I don't remember this one much other than getting Judgment Dragon out and nuking several times.  He Dark Holes but then I topdeck amazing.  This was after losing Reborn again to mills.

Game 3 - We both see some of our sided cards and he ends up swiping JD with Electric Virus and going for game, but forgot I had a Necro Gardna and that cost him the game.  I was able to take the field and win afterwards.  Milled Reborn and my Trags here.

Round 2 - vs Hazy Kings (2-0)

Game 1 and 2 - Same scrub who was playing Dark World against my Hazy Kings that I kicked the shit out of a couple weeks ago.  Unlike yours truely he had no fucking clue how to operate the deck as he made brutal misplays and took WAY too many unnecessary -1s.  How did I ever think this slapnut was ever GOOD?  God damn do perspectives change after time.  I remember when he roflstomped me in my very first ever game at a locals with 3 Charge of the Light Brigade Lightsworn and used to think he was good.

So anyway both games I drop BLS and beat over Garunix.  In one case I threw an Honest on.  Being the bad that he is the guy forgot to get Barong out of the deck in both games.

Round 3 - vs X-Sabers (2-1)

Game 1 - I do Lightsworn things and poop all over his field.

Game 2 - He does Saber things and poops all over my field and makes a Strike Bounzer.

Game 3 - I almost lose to a random Magic Cylinder but I'm able to get JD out and take the game over.

Top 4 - vs Dark World (2-0)

Game 1 - He opened crap and I opened with 2 Wulfs!  Yay!  I'm still able to get some damage in before he Card Destructions and sets up a big field.  However I drop a Judgment Dragon and win.

Game 2 - Oh man.  This was awesome.   So he gets Grapha out and Dark Smogs the JD that I milled.  That's okay.  Because I drop Chaos Sorcerer, Black Luster Soldier who attacks Grapha....and I drop Honest!  Total damage that turn?  Over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND.

He was quite salty at that level of sackery.  Dark Worlds have no right to complain about Lightsworn sacking.  Simple as that.

Final - vs Karakuri (2-1)

Game 1 - I killed him.

Game 2 - He killed me.

Game 3 - This also got close as I opened Lumina + Garoth and had an amazing setup (but never drew JD) and dropped a 3000 Trag that I sat on as he comboed out.  He could have made a Scrap Dragon to win it but it slipped his mind and I ultimately topdeck BLS with time looming and I go to town under the safety of Royal Decree.

Yes I sided cards and did not mill them.  Holy fucking shit its a miracle.

After this we went to Robins were I had some games of Cardfight Vanguard and did some trades.  Picked up Virbank City Gym for Pokemon, a Genex Ally Birdman for Hieratics and recorded a Deck Profile of this.

Props
-Winning a tournament even if it was Locals with Lightsworn in memory of a good friend.
-Outsacking Dark World.  Solemn my Judgment Dragon?  Monster Reincarnation trolls that!  Also the BLS + Honest play against a Grapha with 3000 attack and a Sorc to back it up.  That was 11200 damage there.
-Finishing Hieratics for the new banlist...mostly.  I need a third Thunder Charger.

Slops
-Milling my TEN SPELLS.

No comments:

Post a Comment