Sunday 10 March 2013

Lolcals Adventure - More Salt

Alright so time for another Locals report!  I should warn you guys.  There's a good chance this post will have higher than usual amounts of sodium in it.

Anyway!  With Regionals coming up I decided to test a deck I had been mostly set on running in Hieratics.  Pulling Volcasaurus from my Collector's tin on the spot kinda sealed it.  However instead of running the Birdman build that Paul Cooper topped with I took a modified version of a recent OCG build running Divine Dragon Apocralyph and a Level 4 Vanilla to enable Queen Dragun Djinn access and the ability to OTK using 3 Hieratics and a random card in the hand.  How did it go?  Well...

Round 1 - vs Cyber Dragon (1-2)

Game 1 - I opened pretty mediocre as I ended up summoning 2 Wind-Up Rabbits and making a Zenmaines.  Eventually I put out a field of Monsters but his Cyber Larvas keep him safe from what was an OTK.  Then he Power Bonds a Cyber Twin Dragon and plays Limiter during the damage step.  Salt.

Game 2 - I summon Rabbit and pass turn.  He goes for Power Bond turn one and attacks hoping I don't have Battle Fader.  I do and that's why I didn't die and went on to OTK quite nicely with a Volcasaurus popping Cyber Twin for extra oomph.

Game 3 - He torrentials me after I drop a Su and that really fucking sucks.  Then he turn Power Bonds into a Cyber Twin and I have no Battle Fader so I take over 10000 damage and lose to a fucking awful deck.  I didn't rage though.  No I kept my salt levels in check.  I just scooped up my cards and left, not saying good game or any handshakes.  Shitty decks like this don't get good game from me.

On that note why do people keep building this bullshit?  OH LOOK AT ME I CAN SUMMON A BIG DRAGON AND DO AMAZING DAMA-Compulsory Evacuation Device.  Oh look.  You just lost EVERYTHING.

Maybe I should have played Macro Rabbit today.  Between this guy and the FIVE DARK WORLDS and the two Merlantean decks present I would have annihilated everyone.  That or Six Sams.  Basically anything that punishes people for -109409304923480954350129430498ing themselves.  Hieratics can't do that.

Round 2 - vs I don't even know (2-0)

Game 1 - I don't remember this, other than I summon a shitton of monsters and eventually have to play around a Gorz.

Game 2 - I smoke him pretty good.

Round 3 - vs Dark World (2-0)

I already knew he was playing this after watching him Mirror Match another Dark World.  He's not surprisingly a bad player that without thinking uses Dealings against someone he KNOWS IS PLAYING DARK WORLD.  Yeah how did that work out for you?  Your opponent summoned Silva and Goldd and got their bonus effects?

Game 1 - He opens awful which is fine by me.  You want to play Dark World because you're a talentless hack who can't fucking play his way out of a paper bag nor do you understand how cards work.  "I'm going to use your field spell's effect" No you can't do that.  Why?  Field Spells are one sided unless they specifically SAY both players.  And no Allure of Darkness does not let you choose to discard your hand instead of banishing a Dark Monster.  This is the same fucknut that tried to copy my Haze King deck and failed miserably at piloting deck.  So what does he do?  Go back to playing a deck that covers up a terrible player's flaws by giving them godly hands!  Because that's all he can do.  Anyway my original point.  If you are going to play Dark World you'd better be prepared for the garbage hands that the deck produces and Hieratics even with a bad hand can capitalize on this.

In this case I made a Tiras and poked with it until I won.

Game 2 - Oh my god.  This was so awesome.  So he sets a bajillion and calls Su with Prohibition and I see he has a Light Mirror because he flipped it up by mistake and I caught it.  Now I was like "well crap" but then I hit a Gemini Imps off of Duality while opening with one.  He plays Dragged Down KNOWING I have the Imps and I draw Heavy Storm off of it.  He has no follow up plays and I draw a 4th Hieratic.  I Storm his backrow and put out 10700 GLORIOUS POINTS OF DAMAGE on the board.  I then go over to see Megamonkey beat the Cyber Dragon player after he Power Bonded and failed to do anything, putting himself down to 1000 LP.  Monkey makes Blackship of Corn and sends Cyber Larva to the graveyard for exact game.  He later told me that the Cyber Dragon guy went HAM and blew up his field or something but he topdecked Dark Hole in response and got called a sack for it.

My god I just....I want to summon Koa'ki Meiru Drago, set 2 and see this guy's face.

Anyway because I lost to a bad person and only beat two bad people I didn't make it to top four.  In fact I placed way the fuck out of contention and so far down the list I swear to god I was in Space Mexico.

So we all went to Robins and I playtest against Mermails and Wind Ups.  Mermails I needed a god hand to beat and Wind-Ups was a bearable matchup, even winnable to an extent.  Then I playtested Dragunty/Tempest and dickbutted pretty badly.  Gold Sarc + Ravine + Phalanx.  Yeah....my end field was Stardust, REDMD, Messier 7 and backrow.  I also played Vanguard and won more games than I lost with one point I managed to hit 2 Critical Triggers on an opponent who didn't guard thinking he'd be fine.

SUCKS, DOESN'T IT!?

Props
-New style Hieratics are extremely versatile.  I can OTK and never need to see REDMD.  That's insane.
-Volcasaurus too stronk.  I won so many games because I blew up a monster and went into Thunder Charger.  Queen Dragun Jinn, 2 Chargers and at least 700 damage is an OTK.
-Queen Jinn was amazing.
-Teaming up with Megamonkey's Kagero with my Narukami in a team Cardfight.  Bow before the might of Team Firestorm!

Slops
-Getting out HAMed by a bad HAM deck while playing a good HAM Deck
-Konami's fucking retarded tournament structure system.
-Drawing 3 Vanillas.  *Commits seppuku*

No comments:

Post a Comment