Sunday 24 March 2013

Lolcals Adventure - A Shocking Result

Yay locals!  If there's anything that can be done to help my wounded pride it would be a chance to to kick some ass with a modified version of my Regional Deck as I really wanted to see how much of a difference Photon Thrasher would have made.  I also made it a point to trade off a playmat and some of my cards for older cards, Hazy stuff and a few banned cards.

Also some of the people are really fucking terrible when it comes to trades.  "No I'm not trading that Secret Rare Vylon Epsilon for a Super Rare."

Except for you know Vylons are garbage and Hidden Arsenal Secrets are no more valuable than the obsolete penny.  I know some people (okay not some.  Just the awful people) hate the whole card values thing but almost everyone with a head on their shoulders will trade cards based on value, not rarity.  Its what we do and if you want to get trades done with the non sucky people then you're going to have to bite the bullet.

Now for the tournament.

Round 1 - vs X-Sabers (1-2)

Game 1 - So I put out a bitchin field of Stardust with Prism and Thunder King.  He's pretty much dead next turn...but then plays 2 Saber Slash and OTKs the fuck out of me.

Game 2 - Macro Cosmos.

Game 3 - I put out a Thought Ruler which negates 2 of his cards...then gets Creature Swapped because that's a card that I've had a longstanding hatred of before I even met any of the people at locals.  I hate losing games because of Creature Swap and while I eventually do get around this thanks to Dynamo and make a field with Rai-Oh he's eventually able to clear it and make Barkion to my backrow of Fiendish Chain and Bottomless and kills me.  Ultimately the Creature Swap won him the game and I am placing part of the loss on that.  The damage I took from that hit and the work I had to do in order to take control back was just too much and against Sabers that's enough to outright lose it all.

Round 2 - vs Legendary Ocean Deck (2-0)

Game 1 - You know how I talked about beating a bad player with a bad deck and how its basically like kicking a puppy?  Yeah that's kind of the same here.  He negates my Pot of Duality with Magic Jammer and I'm like "well then".  Then I make Stardust and eventually Scrap Dragon and win.

Game 2 - I completely shit on his setup with Decree, Stardust and Dynamo.

Round 3 - vs Blackwings (2-1)

Game 1 - I make Stardust and he has no answer to it for most of the game.  Then he Storms, drops DAD and some more Blackwings and beats me to death....mostly.  I admit that I misplayed and forgot that I had TRAG IN HAND and could have lived the turn out at 1000 LP, played Dark Hole and Reborn'd Stardust.  Now I was dually pissed.

Game 2 - So I summoned Photon Trasher and literally beat him down with it.  He killed it but by then it was too late.  I had far too much advantage on him.

Game 3 - He opens with Whirlwind and gets Gale off his Shura summon but no other backrow so I'm reading an all Monster hand.  So I make Shock Master and call effects for 3 turns, beat him down with it and Rai-Oh then make Scrap Dragon and win.

And that was it because we only had a Top 4 and what do you know I didn't make it because the tournamen structure is DUMB and I bubbled out.  I got 5th place!  The fuck!?  Ever since we started doing this new style it's become more and more bullshit in regards to how well certain players do and alot of good people have missed out on playoffs because they lost one match.

So after this we go to Robins and do our usual of more games, trades, Vanguard and such.  I got to playtest Hunders against Prophecy and not surprisingly I drew Shock Master Hands most of the time.  It was kinda dickbutty.

Props
-Making up for my horrible Regional performance albeit somewhat.  I ended with a winning record and I'm pretty sure I'd have gone 3-0 had I elected to have Rai-Oh negate an X-Saber Gardestrike summon which lead to a Saber Slash into Barkion play.
-Getting out of the Salt Mine.
-Puns.  Many many puns.  You could say they were...electrifying!

Slops
-Misplays.
-Still taking bad losses way too hard.  I literally told someone to stop playing a bad deck when I saw him flip up DNA Surgery and call Divine-Beast.  This was the guy I made flip the table in the 100 card tournament and lo and behold he was still playing shitty stall decks.

No comments:

Post a Comment