Sunday 31 March 2013

Pseudo Lolcals Adventure - I r teh grtst!

That is all.





Okay fine I'll elaborate.  So Locals didn't happen today since it was Easter Sunday and Tramps was closed.  Did that stop us?  Pffft, no!  We all just went to the Robins and chilled there all day instead.  Or rather they did at first.  I on the other hand didn't know about this and as such slept until noon when I got a text message saying everyone was down there and so I went after (hastily) throwing some decks together.

Match 1 - Disaster Dragon vs Monk Photon (2-0)

Game 1; I summoned Drago and trololololol'd.

Game 2; I forget how this went.

Match 2 - Hero Beat vs Different Photon (2-0)

Game 1; This one's hazy (flame).

Game 2; Fiendish Chain and Shining put in work.

Match 3 - Hero Beat vs Bad Photon Deck (2-0)

Game 1; Pretty sure I Dark Hole his boss field and monster Reborn a Galaxy-Eyes.

Game 2; I nuke his board with a clutch Torrential.

Match 4 - Hero Beat vs 2011 Tengu Plants (2-1)

Game 1; Grinded a little for this.  Eventually managed to establish control and win.

Game 2; I opened god awful and couldn't play out of my hand.

Game 3; This one went long with removal and beaters abound.  I get 2 Cardcar D's off and draw what I need to win.

Match 5 - Hero Beat vs Karakuri OTK (2-0)

Game 1; I set 5 and summon beaters to win.  Not much you can do against Warning, Judgment, TT, Bribe and Fiendish Chain.

Game 2; He makes a Naturia Beast which would have killed me had I not opened Super Poly + a Hero so I do just that and while he's able to push me around a bit, my backrow do their job.

Match 6 - Hunder vs Plant Synchron (2-0)

Game 1; This is already a favourable matchup thanks to my ability to Shock Lock or Crimson Blader lock and I do both here.  I'm able to kill him in a few turns.

Game 2; He goes OFF with a shit ton of monsters and ends his board with Librarian, Berserker and another monster along with a Pot of Avarice and Dandylion combos.  I answer with a one turn Thunder Spark Dragon and my backrow helps keep him in check.

Match 7 - Disaster Dragon vs Wind-Up (2-0)

Game 1 - He keeps removing Dragos and gets Factory off but I eventually drop a Yamata Dragon, score the +5 off of it and ride my traps to victory.

Game 2 - He bottomlesses my REDMD so I decide to make a huge push with Return from the Different Dimension and I flat out annihilate him in doing so.

Match 8 - Hunder vs Plant Synchron (Draw)

Game 1; He gets a turn one Quasar.

Game 2; He had to leave.

Match 9 - Disaster Dragon vs Prophecy with Judgment (1-2)

Game 1; He opens with Judgment and I just don't have the resources to outlast his constant plusses.  I also start considering building Dark World.

Game 2; He doesn't open as strongly and I'm able to Solemn his Spellbook Magician then go for the throat on the following turn with Blaster and Tempest.

Game 3; See game 1.

Match 10 - Hunder vs Prophecy (2-1?)

Game 1 - I believe I open with T-King here and while he gets around it I drop a Dynamo to kill a Priestess and have Honest to back it up.

Game 2 - I make a Crimson Blader and use it to buy a couple turns before shitting my hand out and winning.

Match 11 - March 2012 Chaos Dragon Mirror Match (2-0)

Game 1 - I get Future Fusion off and despite some awful mills I eventually win it.

Game 2 - I open Future Fusion like a baws and then we just shit big monsters all over the place.  I do win this after blowing up the field with Dark Hole while having a Pulsar and pushing through Maxx "C" for the win.

Then we all went home.  Overall the day was good.  It was basically locals except all the good people were present.  I got to test out some changes to my Hunder Deck, my idea of how to run Heroes and even got a few games with Disaster.  I'm disappointed I couldn't get the match win against Spellbooks as I had hands in which I could have done SOMETHING, but nowhere near what was needed to get the job done with Priestess and a shit ton of spellbooks coming.  Being able to win against the deck with Hunders though?  That felt good and it definitely boosted my confidence with the deck after my poor showing at Regionals.  Photon Thrasher is a fucking beast.

Props
-Heroes
-Hunders
-DRAGONS
-Getting that last Blastoise I needed to start building Keldeotoise.
-Playing the Chaos Dragon Mirror with 2 REDMD and Future Fusion.  God that was so fucking dumb

Slops
-Losing to Prophecy with my favourite deck.  Fuck Judgment Day.  Card Destruction requires a situational hand to be anywhere near as plus.
-Milling BLS and Monster Reborn with Chaos Dragons in both games.

No comments:

Post a Comment