Wednesday 24 April 2013

A Pokemon Post? What the!?

Yeah this kinda happened.  I ended up having Wednesday off which happens to be when my locals holds a 2 hour Pokemon Session (TCG and Video game matches) so I opted to go since I hadn't had any chance to play the TCG in months.  I arrive and buy five packs of Boundaries Crossed and pull a Secret Rare Shiny Golurk and Gold Potion ACE Speck.  Bitchin.  I proceeded to trade those off for a Dragons Exhalted Rayquaza, 3 Dark Trance Hydregion, Scyther EX and 7 energy so I could finish my AMAZING TROLL DECK.

SpeedQuaza vs Lugia/Ho-Oh/Mewtwo EX

Game 1 - He opens with Sigilyph which I auto lose to.  SCOOP

Game 2 - I do AMAZING because I hit 3 Energy off of Celestial Roar and it goes from there.

Game 3 - I lose to a combination of Hypnotoxic Laser and Gold Breaker and not having another mon on the bench.

SpeedQuaza vs Steel Deck

Game 1 - I donk him after two turns

Game 2 - He gets Plasma Kling Klang out and I lose because this deck can't deal with things immune to EX Attackers.

SpeedQuaza vs Dragon Deck

Game 1 - I misplayed several times with my energy attatchments which kept me from being able to attack for several turns, then got killed by an opposing Rayquaza.

Game 2 - He tanks behind several dragons as I keep KOing his guys.

Game 3 - He sets up a fast Dragonite but then I Dragon Burst it for 360 damage and donk him gloriously.

After this I switch decks.

Blastoise/Keldeo vs Lugia Ho-Oh/Mewtwo EX

Game 1 - I get the turn 2 Bastoise and a strong field of attackers but run out of steam after being N'd three times and not being able to play around his Mewtwos.

Game 2 - I open absolute shit and get donked.  My hand was 2 Juniper, 2 Energy Retrieval and a Blastoise and I drew that kind of hand again after being N'd.

Blastoise/Keldeo vs Lugia Ho-Oh/Mewtwo EX

Game 1 - This one was crazy as we both mulligan'd give times and I mulligan'd a sixth time opening with 2 Keldeos and a Mewtwo with an extremely shitty hand.  He opens up with Mewtwo and a Landorus so I make it a point to slow attach a DCE and a Water to Keldeo then I catcher up his Landorus for the easy knock out and I get the ball rolling off my Prizes (more Catcher).  We go back and forth with our guys and it comes down to my 2 Prizes left to his four, staring down a Mewtwo, a Victini and a Ho-Oh EX while I have a no energy Keldeo, a DCE, Catch er and Juniper in hand with a Squirtle on the bench.  I catcher up his Ho-Oh, attach the DCE and proceed to say, "YORU!" while playing the Juniper.

I draw into a into two Rare Candy, a Water Energy, an Ultra Ball, N, Skyla and Juniper.  My god did I ever sack off of that.

Anyway I Ultra Ball out the Blastoise and Rare Candy it onto the board, Deluge the water energy and attack the Ho-Oh for enough that he's sitting at 20 HP.  My opponent swiches out into a Mewtwo with 3 Energy on it and hits my Keldeo for a near KO but not enough.  I draw for turn and Skyla out my last Catcher, bring up that Ho-Oh and knock it out for the game.  I R SO GUD!

After that we had to leave as it was past 6 and I overall had a very good game against someone who like me knows how to properly play Pokemon.  Until I can get people from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Group who are open minded to play the game (exception being Megamonkey as he's always had an interest in playing) this guy will no doubt be my most challenging opponent at locals as including us two there are only 3-4 people who play Pokemon with a competitive mindset.

Props
-Now being able to build Darkrai/Hydregion....far too late.
-Opening with one of my four Rayquaza in all but one of my games.  That time I mulligan'd 5 times and drew two of him.
-Fucking shit up with Blastoise/Keldeo at last...even if one of my games was failure.
-That last turn play before closing.
-Pulling GOD from a mere five packs once again.

Slops
-Misplays.  Too many times I mismanaged my energy attachments with Rayquaza and had to wait extra turns to attack.
-Saying YORU with the accent in front of two people from Japan.  They didn't notice so no awkwardness was had but still.  Eep.

No comments:

Post a Comment