Sunday 9 June 2013

Lolcals Report - I can't keep this up

Gonna do this now while its fresh on my mind and not three days later.  Seems legit.

ANYWAY.

So for this locals I was going to play Disaster Ruler or Monarchs depending if Totally Legit Extra Deck Guy was around so I could mooch his Dracossacks and Big Eye.  He couldn't make it until later on so I opted to go with Monarchs due to their favourable matchups against many things.  I also did some trades and bought packs of Plasma Storm and pulled a Shiny Charizard.  Bitchin!

Round 1 - vs Evols (WW)

Game 1 - I bait out a Laggia after taking some hits and drop Obelisk the Green Slayer and proceed to torment him.

Game 2 - He opens with Najasho/Evo Force and hits me for 4000+ but doesn't end his field with a Laggia like the last time.  Same result.  I drop Obelisk and attack with his FISTS OF FURY.

Round 2 - vs Chaos Dragon (WW)

Game 1 - Pretty bad player, not going to lie.  I mean who fucking banishes Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon for a Chaos Summon when there's other shit in the grave?  You had damn well believe I schooled him for his misuse of an inferior Dragon deck, motherFUCKERS.

Game 2 - He goes ham really early while I Maxx "C" or something.  All I know is he comes at me with BLS, Pulsar and REDMD but I've got a Fader and Veiler to stay in there.  Come my turn I E-Con BLS, remove something then sack off my three monsters for Obelisk and he scoops it up.  Better yet he calls me out for playing a deck as derpy as this that can drop an Obelisk with ease.  What can I say?


You don't mess with this motherfucker

Round 3 - vs Constellar (WLW)

Game 1 - This shit was LONG as I have to work my ass off to get around the Rank 5 in order to secure a LaDD drop, force out his backrow and eventually grind out the win through advantage.

Game 2 - Much the same.  I am able to drop an Obelisk but he has the Honest to get over it.  I eventually fall down to 100 LP to his 8000 but drop a Vanity's Fiend to lock him down and start poking.  It gets Evac'd, he forces out his own Starlight Road and gets Honest back to his hand through Pot of Avarice.  I'm unable to kill him before he's able to draw another creature.

Game 3 - Opened nutty and am able to drop a LaDD or a Vanity's Fiend.  I forget which.  He's got no answer to it as time is called and scoops it up.

Top 4 - vs Shock Master.dek (LL)

Game 1 - Shock Locked.

Game 2 - Shock Locked AND I get my shit stolen with Big Eye.  I was NOT happy with this at all.  Didn't even get to fucking play Yu-Gi-Oh! AT ALL.  It was literally pass turn every turn because I couldn't do jack shit.  I got horribly crushed and left furious to the point that I had to get out of the building and vent my frustrations away from the group.

Yes this is the second locals in a row where I've snapped.  This is not a good thing at all.

After clearing my head and patching things up the tournament was over.  Megamonkey won with Dragon Rulers but I ended up being the true master by pulling a Super Gem Spark.  We all went over to Robins (as usual) and had games of YGO and Vanguard while talking about the stupidity that is WWE before calling it a night.

Props
-After nearly 10 years I at long last summoned an Obelisk monster.  This took a surprising amount of time given that I've associated myself with an Obelisk character since 2003 and thought I'd have made a deck to summon the Tormentor much sooner.
-Using Obelisk's monster nuking attack.
-Getting a good laugh out of my round 2 opponent who is a long time Dark World player.  Monarchs are even derpier than Dark World?  BITCH PLEASE.

Slops
-Losing my cool.  Again

In regards to Monarchs the deck is very good.  Obelisk the Tormentor is an amazing card this format due to his ability to dodge targeting effects.  With Dark Hole, Torrential and Bottomless largely out of the picture he's really difficult to kill without going out of your way.  This deck will be amazing next format.

As the title alluded to I really can't keep doing this.  The whole getting super butthurt over the game.  Its just not dignified and I should be better than this.  Don't give me the "its just a game.  Don't take it so seriously" lingo because its really difficult not to when that's all you've done since playing.  Do I want to be a try hard?  No!  I want to have fun in my games but at the same time I hate to lose and therefore try my best to win even with something that's not tier.  Thus I try hard and become all the more upset when things don't go well.  I'll keep trying to scale it back but at this point it's going to be a really long and difficult journey.  Honestly I might just stop competing at locals and going specifically to just talk with everyone for a few hours.

Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment