Sunday 12 January 2014

Locals Report - Value

This was one of those rare weekends where I get BOTH days off and can go to both my Cardfight!! Vanguard AND Yu-Gi-Oh! Locals.  This also means I could also write two blog posts except in this case I chose not to.  Instead I'd rather make both reports in a single blog post as the content per post ratio is very, very high value and I know some people out there are all about value.

Saturday

I took Dragonic Descendant/Buster to this one as my order for the cards came in a few day before.  Yes I literally ordered the entire deck online.  So sue me.  I knew full well that there would be at least 4 other people I'd have to compete with to build Eradicators so I saved myself the trouble and overpaying just to get all the cards I needed to build the deck as I saw fit.  I ran a build very similar to some Japanese lists I saw with an emphais on Castor and Rising Phoenix to draw into cards but admittedly wasn't able to get a fully ideal build done.

Round 1 - vs Bermuda Triangle (Win)

The guy I played was awful to be honest and Narukami in general are a better deck.  Gauntlet ate up resources early and Descendant did clean up.

Round 2 - vs Royal Paladin (Win)

He milled his only Majesty Lord Blaster and had to switch to Sanctuary Guard Dragon beats but I won it out afterwards.

Round 3 - vs Aqua Force (Lose)

This one pissed me off so much.  Between him missing a ride, me dominating the entire game AND making no misplays he still managed to bullshit a win out of me.  It basically comes down to Descendant attacking and not hitting triggers on both the first attack and the restand as he's able to block everything I throw at him, drop Malestrom Glory on Trans-Core Dragon and kill me because I don't have enough shield to guard the damn thing.  I seriously fucking hate Malestrom Glory with a passion now as it's bullshit I can't Perfect Guard and I need to basically have 5 10k shields because he always gets a crit or some kind of trigger on it.

Round 4 - vs Eradicators (Lose)

This one was kind of back and fourth but unfortunately he hits two triggers off his Twin Drive and I die.

Round 5 - vs Nova Grapplers (Win)

This guy also wasn't good and I rolled him easily.  Now how's THAT for confidence?  I can only beat scrubs but choke against anything competent.

Round 6 - vs Eradicators (Lose)

I take the risk and no guard a Descendant at 4 damage and he crits.  Not much else to say on that.

Round 7 - vs Liberators (Lose)

Stupid plot armour.  That aside this was silly as Megamonkey and I were being weeaboo dramatic ala the anime.

After that we went to Cam's where many things happened, including talk of starting up a Beyblade League.  This was awesome.  LET IT RIP MOTHERFUCKERS.  After that I go home, build Harpies and fall asleep.


Sunday

I get to judge today!  Awesome as I honestly felt like being silly so I brought Chaos Lightsworn Dragon and Funbags with Wings (Harpies).  I also bought a Mermail Deck for a good amount (160) and only need a single Megalo to finish it.  Not going to lie, I missed playing Mermails alot.  One of the things I've really regretted is trading that off.  That and getting rid of my Scraps.  I'm trying to get those back as well for when Factory comes out.  I also picked up Generation Shifts and can now build Fire Kings the legit way.  Onto the tourney!

Quick Reminder - When I judge my opponents automatically win the match and we play things out for fun.  That said I'll say what REALLY went down.

Round 1 - Harpies vs Chaos Dragons (2-1)

Game 1 - I open with Pet Dragon and after wanting to kill myself and he puts BLS, Stardust and stuff on the field to my one Harpie Lady.

Game 2 - I open Summoner Monk and Hysteric Sign and it snowballs from there.  Lightning Chidori clears any real threats and I push for game.

Game 3 - I resolve a Sign again and it goes from there.

Round 2 - Harpies vs DN.dek (2-0)

Honestly this one is not much to write about.  The guy is honestly handicapped and had a 60 card mishmash of things.  Both games I picked apart his board and murdered him with Hysteric Sign.

Round 3 - Harpies vs Spellbooks (2-0)

I was originally going to switch to Chaos here but then I realized I'd be playing against Fate.dek and that'd be bad and I wanted to see the Harpie vs Book matchup.  Hunting Ground cleared Tower and popped face downs, I Torrential'd his Justice with a Maestroke on board and beat him down with Harpies game 1 then Chained a Blue Boy, Warning'd a Priestess and Evac'd Kycoo game 3 with a Dracossack and a Harpie 1 on the board which was enough damage for game

Top cut ended up being Harpies (another guy), Dragunity, Madolche and Chaos Dragon.  Unfortunately I fucked up with the results as a Dark World player was 3 - 0 and I thought he was 2 - 1 (he didn't report his win to me and I misheard what his opponent said) so I ended up costing him a top.  I legitimately felt bad about this but made amends by buying him food after locals at Robins.  While there I showcased the awesome power of Chaos Lightsworn Dragon, smashed the living hell out of Spike Brothers and bounced ideas off my friends for a potential trip to Regionals in Feb.  I may go to this and I may play Lightsworn.

We'll see.

Props
-Descendant/Buster is far and away better than either of those guys with Vowing Sword.  I have to fine tune it but the strategy is very sound.  Buster pressure for 2 turns, then Descendant finish.
-Picking up Mermails and finishing Fire Kings
-Kicking ass with Harpies.  These things are legit good.  Hysteric Party is honestly a viable choice to be hit on the list.

Slops
-Scrubbing out with "the best deck in the game" for Vanguard, until Link Joker come out.  *Shudder*
-The fuckup with the tournament.  I take this stuff very seriously and if it were a regionals there would be consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment