Sunday 5 January 2014

L-l-l-loc-c-c-cals Rep-p-p-p-ort-t-t-t

First off before I go into this I'd like to take a moment to shamelessly promote my fanfiction;

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9625138/1/Yu-Gi-Oh-X-Stars

It currently has 3 chapters, is based on the concept of the game being played in space in a Star Trek like era and the main character is basically Aki 2.0;


This costume is awful.  I'll need to change this next story arc.

This definitely won't be the last time I discuss any of my writing on here.  Between my Original stuff, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Mega Man Battle Network stuff I've got more than enough subjects to ramble about.  That said back to the report for this locals which can be summed up as IT WAS TOO DAMN COLD.

-50 C is stupid.  I swear we must have been colder than the Arctic.  Whatever its the new banlist and last week I was in some Skype calls with a few of my friends from the Dragon Community discussing what Disaster could do this format.  I decided I'd try some of the things we talked about and took this there;

1 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
1 Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos
1 Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders
1 Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms
1 Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls
1 Yamata Dragon
3 Flamvell Guard
3 Masked Dragon
2 Blizzard Dragon
2 Koa'ki Meiru Drago
2 Delta Flyer
2 Exploder Dragon
1 Debris Dragon
1 Totem Dragon

3 Dragon Shrine
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Book of Moon
1 Burial from a Different Dimension
1 D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation
1 Gold Sarcophagus

2 Castle of Dragon Souls
2 Fiendish Chain
1 Burst Breath
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Torrential Tribute

1 Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack
1 Number 11: Big Eye
1 Gaia Dragon the Thunder Charger
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Star Eater
1 Trident Dragion
1 Red Dragon Archfiend
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Stardust Spark Dragon
1 Ancient Fairy Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Exploder Dragonwing

1 Dark Hole
2 Smashing Ground
1 Eradicator Epidemic Virus
2 Vanity's Emptiness
2 Rivalry of Warlords
2 Dust Tornado
2 Light-Imprisoning Mirror
2 Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror

To further prove how serious I was about this, I busted out my 2012 Regional Mat that I got with this deck.  How would I fare?  Well...

Round 1 - vs Chaos Dragon (2-1)

Game 1 was a bit disappointing.  Despite being able to establish REDMD and Stardust with backrow I was not able to keep the deck from exploding and establishing an unbreakable board.  Games 2 and 3 were "protect the Drago."  The game was somewhat difficult to keep concentrated on due to an autistic slapnut constantly ReReing it up over what is banned and what is not.  You want to know how to figure out what's banned?

www.google.com


Round 2 - vs Photons (2-0)

Naturally I have an advantage on this deck because of Koa'ki Meiru Drago.  However I also know that this guy plays a fuckton of anti monster cards to protect Galaxy-Eyes and Fegrand so I have to force that stuff out with Masked and Rulers, but ultimately win the first game without too much trouble and grind out the second game.

Round 3 - vs Dual Axis Fire Fist (1-2)

Game 1 he opens up the combo which ends up with a Horse Prince, Rooster, a Tensu and a Tensen set.  At this time I have no real way of breaking such a board with my main.  Don't get me started on Fire Formation Gyokku always hitting my Book, Bottomless or Torrential and never the bluff Castle of Dragon Souls or Shrine that I set.  Game 2 he doesn't open the combo and his deck functions more like 4-Axis.  Despite Vanity's Emptiness in play I win because Blizzard Dragon and Koa'ki Meiru Drago are beasts in a Grind.  Game 3 he opens the combo with a Swallow coming, pops my monsters and kills me with Tensen.  Finals ends up being the same.

Top 4 - vs Gravekeepers (2-0)

I damn near lost Game 1.  I was down 100 LP to his over 7000 at one point but then I realized "wait he's playing Decree, he can't stop me from doing ANYTHING!" and dropped Yamata Dragon, swung to a hand that allowed me to revive Blaster from grave, make Dracossack and proceeded to stomp on him.  The look on his face and the way he seemed after I managed to make the Game Plane in a turn told me everything.  He was disappointed that once again Dragons can still function.

Game 2 I again smacked him around because Gravekeepers without traps are not threatening in the least.

Finals - vs Dual Axis Fire Fist (1-2)

See round 3.  More of the same.  It looks like I need a great deal of disruption to stop that Leopard/Tensu combo and the sheer advantage it brings.  That and actually drawing them.  Fiendish, BtH and Evac would have been hella nice game 3.  And fuck Gyokku.

An ultimate Tenki was pulled but I couldn't get it.  I did pick up everything I needed for Harpies so that'll be a thing in future reports.  Then we went to Robins and I played games of Vanguard trying out a very, VERY different tactic than what I normally do.  It doesn't work with Eradicators.

In regards to the deck itself these are some things I've noticed;

-Shrine is definitely a good card.  The grave setup is really, REALLY good and it's technically a card that when maxed out gives you a 34 card deck.
-I...don't really like Debris.  Without a constant target like Kidmodo or Mythic Wood he's just not as helpful.
-Yamata is far superior to Light and Darkness Dragon.
-Masked Dragon is the best of the normal summonable monsters.
-Castle was good for what it was.
-Burst Breath is amazing.  Definitely better than Mirror Force for this deck.  Chainability is integral.
-D.D.R. I'm on the fence about.  We'll see how 2 work.

Props
-Playing Disaster in a tournament for the first time since GAOV's release.  Damn it's been too long.
-Converting yet another person to the Disaster Dragon philosophy.
-Getting Harpies.  Funbags with Wings will be a deck!

Slops
-My Fire Fist games.  They went so badly.
-The cold.

1 comment:

  1. Everything here is awesome and I'm going to start testing Disaster for this format now, but 3 things. 1: Gaia Dragon the Thunder Charger has a comma after "Dragon". 2: Your Extra Deck is listed with only 14 cards. 3: Your Side Deck is listed with only 13 cards. Either you forgot or your so pro you just roll like that!

    ReplyDelete