Sunday 26 January 2014

Locals Report - Return of the Salty Duelist

God damn the weather can be a bitch, even for Sask.  In this case we went from having to trudge through slushy sidewalks because of the above 0 temperature to braving arctic wind gusts that cut into the soul itself.

I almost wanted to stay home.  Probably should have.  The next time the weather is this douchy I won't bother.  Just not worth it.

That said for putting up with the weather I rewarded myself with a box of Valiant and pulled alright.  I got the second most valued Secret in the set but no ARK or Exciton Knight which made me sad.  I did pick up some rarity upgrades for other decks, however.  I wasn't judging today so I decided to play the Hieratic Rulers I had been testing on DevPro this week.

Round 1 - vs Dragon Plant (2-1)

Having to play while wanting to use the restroom really does affect your thinking (and lack of sleep) as I basically punted Game 2 on a misplay after dominating game 1.  Then I open with Dracossack + Stardust Game 3 and take it from there.

Round 2 - vs Bujin (1-2)

I don't know what it is but Bujin give every deck I play problems and this was no different.  There has to be a way that I'm supposed to go about battling this deck as trying to force out Crane, Turtle and Hare is an enormous problem in a deck that runs limited monster removal, especially of the non targeting kind.  Game 1 I open with multiple Drains but no monsters to take advantage, Game 2 I burn his resources out and Game 3 I brick.  I was able to take his Yamato with Memory of an Adversary (which I waited too long to do) but can't deal with Honest, Kaiser Colosseum and I forget what else.

Round 3 - vs Noble Knights (2-1)

Game 1 he goes off with the 3700 Artorigus with assloads of protection, but I survive with just enough LP to Blaster his Excaliburn and M7 his Knight and ride to victory.  Game 2 I got Woodhoused and Game 3 I used Memory of an Adversary to take his Artorigus and I put lethal on my board next turn.

Top 4 - vs Chain Beat (0-2)

This game took far too long and I just couldn't do jack shit against his five million floodgate and anti cards.  Must be fucking nice to open with the turn 1 Dimensional Fissure and Thunder King and I can go on.  Game 1 I really only had Trap Stun to work with and couldn't get to Su for the life of me so I lost damn near my whole deck to that DiFi (and later Macro) and Game 2 it was more of the same garbage.  I finally lost it and snapped, swearing and just generally being a ReRe.  In my mind I thought I heard one of the more hipster people in the room snickering so I went back in and did a snarky retarded laugh with utter contempt in my voice.  Then I felt bad and apologized.  Floodgate.dek really brings out the worst in me and I need to work on it.

It's still fucking bull though.  I sided in 3 MST and 2 Wingbeat and couldn't see any of them yet he god draws the perfect setup?  Fuck that shit.

In fact for Regina Locals?  Fuck playing combo decks in general.  The most popular decks at locals are strictly stun based or something derpy; Fire Fist, Bujin, Prophecy, Stun and Dark World.  Playing Dragons right now would be fucking suicide.  I'm better off counter attacking with Anti Anti Meta and few decks do that better than Harpies

...Mistake is pushing 50 dollars?  FUUUUUUUUU-

Props
-I bought a box of Yugioh cards and didn't get completely pooped on for it?  Alot of the commons and rares in the set were actually pretty good, which was why I bought it to begin with.  Even if I didn't get Black Roach Dragon, I'd still have gotten stuff to work with.
-Upgrading Mermails even MORE.
-Getting Scraps!  I just need Orthros at this point!

Slops
-Being not allowed to play Yu-Gi-Oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment