Tuesday 24 March 2015

Future Projects

Going to go off the wall here as this is not a report or a rant, but rather a post that will be setting the table for what's to come here in regards to what I pursue in card games this year as 2015 looks to be an interesting year for all of the ones I'm interested in.  With that said I'm going to list what I want to build and give some reasonings;

Yu-Gi-Oh!

I'm in an interesting spot here as I had planned on quitting after this Nationals season wrapped up as I've been a try hard for about 5 years now and all I've got for it are 3 Nats invites while I continue to grow older.  But then CORE happened.  I guess I'll play for a bit longer.

Word Superstars

This set shouldn't have too many money cards in it outside of the Star Seraphs and even then I'm not interested in them so I may consider investing a little into this set.  It won't take much to upgrade my Masked Heroes with Blazeman and I've had a Galaxy core sitting around forever so being able to play Photons is not out of the possibility.  However I think the one archetype that gets a boost from here I'm looking forward to are Heraldic Beasts as they've always had some solid support in the form of their spells and ability to use some really good Rank 4s and in this set they get some damned good cards.  This'll be a fun deck to mess around with when I'm not playing seriously.

Crossed Souls

Honestly there isn't much in here for me.  I don't Burning Abyss, Shaddoll or want to Yang Zing and i got rid of my Tellarknight core so that option is out the window.  Megamonkey keeps hyping up Zefiraas a really fun and not stupid Pendulum deck which is neat, but I don't think they're going to do much here and I'd rather not invest much into this set if at all.

Star Pack Arc-V

Oh hey Odd-Eyes reprint!

Dragons of Legend 2

While details of this set are unknown I'm willing to bet that this is where the TCG will get Lord of the Red who is fucking amazing, if difficult to bring out.  I wonder what the Soul Charge/Hands/Wiretap of this set will be.

Clash of Rebellions

Red-EyesRed-EyesRed-EyesRed-EyesRed-EyesRed-EyesRed-EyesRed-EyesRed-EyesRed-EyesRed-Eyes...

Cardfight!! Vanguard

This has become my most played TCG and I don't see that changing anytime soon as we're almost caught up to Japan and they have some really crazy shit coming up for the clans I follow.

G Trial Deck 4: Blue Cavalry of Divine Marine Spirits

I've noticed I have a preference for the clans introduced during the infamous Asia Circuit series; Narukami, Gold Paladin, Aqua Force and Genesis.  Aqua Force happens to be the one getting a new Trial Deck that is REALLY solid as the Stride Break Savas and Tidal Bore Dragon cost next to nothing to use and are immediately splashable in older decks like Malestrom and Tetra-Drive.

G Booster Set 2: Soaring Ascent of Gale and Blossom

What isn't in this set for me?  The only clan in here I don't care about is Great Nature, though to be fair I'm really going to just focus on the Narukami, Aqua Force and Neo Nectar support.  While I do have a Thing Saver Dragon deck at the time of this post I'm probably going to sell it off to try and build these decks while waiting for the next set to come out.  In regards to the decks I'm going to build off the bat the first one that is likely to be done first will be Eradicators provided I can pick up Conquest Dragons quickly enough.  After that I'll be going hard into the paint to build Lambrose.dek.

Fighter's Collection 2015

I'm going to bet that there will be an Eradicator Stride in here.  As it is the Gold Paladin Unit is rather lacking as Ezel isn't good anymore.

G Booster Set 3: Dragon Star of Supreme Rule

Gold Paladin support is in here and if the generic G-Unit is any indication the deck will now be able to call from the top 5 cards of the deck through Strides and Amber Clones.  I can't say how much this will help generic decks like Pellinore (though if Sweep Command is any indication he may see play) but I won't be surprised is Liberators become REALLY good from this set.  Blush Flames built around Prominence Core could very well become retarded with this new consistency.  You could probably run 4 Core, 4 Stride Breaks, 4 Aglovale, 3 Amber Clones and go from there.

Pokemon

I have not given this game much attention for the last year but with people from the Vanguard community now picking the game up my fire is starting to burn again.  That and the May set looks really good.

Roaring Skies

I'm all about the Dragons in this set.  Rayquaza is one of my favourite mons and the Dragon and Colourless support in here is strong in addition to the REALLY good trainers.


And that's pretty much it.  I'm looking to give Force of Will a try, but I'm not holding my breath on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment