Monday 23 March 2015

The obligatory rant on the Dragon Ruler bans

So imagine my surprise when I saw the new banlist for Yugioh get revealed a few days ago.  After seeing Japan's list I admit I was a bit worried about what may happen to some of the decks I liked but I knew at the very least for the TCG that the Dragon Rulers would be untouched as Dark Matter Dragon had JUST came out and there's no way they'd go after the-

Forbidden

-Blaster, Redox, Tempest and Tidal

OH WHAT THE HELL!?  Are you fucking kidding me!?  They banned the Rulers NOW!?  OH FUCK OFF.  Yes I'm aware that Japan banned these things because of how stupid they are with Dark Matter and the upcoming Red-Eyes support (GET HYPE!!!) but the TCG certainly HAD NO FUCKING PROBLEM LEAVING BURNING ABYSS AND QLIPHORT ALONE LAST BANLIST.  The Rulers getting banned now when Dark Matter.dek didn't even have a chance to do anything is a complete contradiction to Konami's WWE level of "make money at the expense of the fanbase" logic and they've completely undermined the potential sales of Return of the Bling.  Dark Matter is what MADE that set and without the Rulers he's now a good card that is difficult as hell to make.  I can understand if they were going to hit the Rulers in the summer when the new Red-Eyes support is released and I would not have complained about that.  Now though?  This flat out pisses me off as aside from the Ruler bans (and Shi En to 2) I like the new list.  That said as much as I want to hate on Konami for killing Dark Matter.dek for this it's actually another deck that's hurt by this that really upsets me; Disaster Dragon.

That's right.  The little dragon deck that always could is literally gasping and clawing for life because of this.  Alot of people out there took for granted just how much Disaster was relying on the Dragon Rulers to keep it in the game as they did SO MUCH for the deck after Future Fusion's ban and REDMD's limit.  They added consistency, speed, power and gave the deck the ability to grind again.  Now that their gone Disaster's flaws, which had started becoming apparent to me last year have become so glaringly obvious that even the most die hard of dragontamers have realized just how bad of a spot the deck is in.  In my honest opinion Disaster Dragon is dead until CORE's release and even then I'm not sure if Red-Eyes Black Dragon will be able to save it.

However if the Rulers are banned then surely we're going to get some of the things hit back as compensation right?  Right?

...

We lose all 4 Dragon Rulers and get only one Dragon Ravine and a second Sword of Seven Stars as consolation?  Thanks a fucking lot Konami.  Dragunity is frail as hell with only one Ravine and without Tempest to search Mystletainn off Sarco the deck is the same as it was in 2012.  Three years is like infinity ago with how bad YGO's Power Creep has gotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment