Monday 26 October 2015

Locals Report - Sharing the Pain

Two locals happened this weekend for me though the Cardfight!! Vanguard one can be summed up as; Paladins r bullshit, everyone bad at card games gets lucky with triggers far more frequently than the people who are good at card games/try to play smartly and fuck this noise I'm going back to piloting Narukami.  What's the point of going to the trouble of building any of my side projects when I get smashed all the time and become frustrated.  I'd like to chalk this up to RNG Jesus hating me this day but I've apparently been on his shitlist for months as even when piloting the mighty Sanctuary Guard or Revenger Deck I still get fucked over.

So yeah long story short I'm a bit sore with Vanguard at the moment and as such I decided to share my general annoyance with everyone in the form of playing Psy-Frames at YGO Locals.  After all if I can't have fun, why should others?  Norden has suggested I take a break for a bit and after this upcoming weekend I might.  At the very least before I take a break I'm going to board wipe some people with my fists of fury.  Maybe I'll even make a ORAORAORAORAORAORA scream from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Anywho I arrive at the store, sell off my Speedroid core for 25 bucks and get my mind blown about price jumps before borrowing the cards I need to finish my decklist and sign up for the tournament with;


At the moment there is no clearly defined "best" build of this deck as the flaws of being reliant on the field spell/people enabling your hand traps haven't been solved yet.  I opted to run only 2/2/2 Terraforming with Circuit and Chicken Game as I felt that while Circuit is important to the deck winning that 3 copies of it would be too much and lead to bricking as opposed to having just enough copies so that if I open/draw into it, it won't be in multiples that often while Chicken Game gives me something to search off Terraforming if I already have Circuit in hand, which did happen a fair bit.  Turns out that logic can be thrown RIGHT out the window with Regina Locals as every pleb player maindecks MST and they'll immediately snipe Ciruit without thought.  Doomcalibur Knight was my tech of choice to deal with people who thought they could stall me out by not doing anything as his 1900/1800 stats make him big enough to beat over Squamata/Unuk or tie with Dragon/Rai-Oh while also removing himself from the field to clear my board through his negation effect thus allowing me to Psy-Frame after doing his work.  You're gonna kill Doomcal with a Hand Trap?  That's fine by me.  One less Veiler vs Omega or Maxx "C" to my Gears.  The other thing of note was the inclusion of Dracossack who is made when you have 2 "floating" Level 7s and can clear your board/remove a card, Dark Strike Fighter who can clear the board while burning (which is relevant with this deck going into time alot) and Colossal Fighter for the Kozmo Matchup.

Round 1 - vs Igknights (2-0)

This one started off rocky as I got a couple of my Psy-Frame Gears mixed up and tried to negate a monster effect with Beta.  Otherwise I pretty much had full control over this whole match as I didn't let him play Yu-Gi-Oh! at all through negation/Psy-Frame Overloard plays.  He opened with Royal Magical Library both games but it was irrelevant as I kept killing his monsters with Beta/Gamma and it pissed him off something fierce.  He ultimately rage quits because I didn't let him resolve one thing while also claiming "I never had this much trouble against the Psy-Frame decks I faced online!" over and over again.  I'm sorry that I'm not a pleb and know how to play?

Round 2 - vs Chronomoly Artifacts (2-0)

Woodhouse opted not to play Kozmos this day for several reasons of which a few are legit in that the price to update the deck post DOCS will be an issue as Dark Destroyer won't be cheap and the Mirror Match is cancerous (though what Mirror Match that doesn't involve Dragons ISN'T?).  I also believe he's not happy that he's no longer the special little snowflake who has Kozmos now that there are 2 other Kozmo players at Locals and likely 2 more after DOCS.  That said I utterly thrash him and surprise surprise, he now wants my deck.

And yeah I know I'm not providing alot of details on technical play so far.  All I can say is "lol Psy-Frames" as if I'm winning my games it's because I'm able to negate things and make my Field Spell stick.

Round 3 - vs Performage Shaddolls (1-2)

This match is a blur, but I do remember Norden popping both my Field Spells and spinning Overload away Game 1 which ultimately led to my loss as I dead drew multiple Psychic Feel Zones and fizzled out.  Game 2 I had all the negation in the world, an answer to his Iron Wall and Psyframe Circuit was able to stick around and piss him off with a rage scoop (for those keeping track the number of people to have claimed this deck is "utter bullshit" now consists of; myself, Matt, Ryan, Cobb, Derrick, Shard and Igknight pleb).  Then Game 3 happened where I took a fuckton of damage going into time and couldn't get the ball rolling before Turn 5.

Top 4 - vs Kozmo (1-2)

First time playing this matchup and it was Shard's fist time playing against the deck, aside from thinking it's cancerous.  While I won't deny that Psy-Frames are a cancer deck I'd also like to point out this is coming from someone who is notorious for playing decks that are cancerous or cancerous amounts of backrow.

Anyway Game 1 I brick and end up taking way too much damage while making the mistake of leaving Colossal Fighter in attack position after he swings Forerunner into it as like always, he had the Honest so Farmgirl got in there.  Game 2 on the other hand I completely annihilate him as I had Imperial Iron Wall to keep my guys in play after Circuit got popped and when that was finally dealt with I had both Epsilon and Beta in hand to negate his Farmgirl Attack and Fairy Wind, allowing me to do the rare but powerful double Psy-Frame Circuit play into a Scrap Dragon and Yazi, Evil of the Yang Zing who cleared both his set backrow to leave him with just a Kozmotown and only 1 card hand while I was Omega looping so I won that one.  Then I bricked really badly in Game 3 as both Iron Wall and Circuit got MST'd, I dead drew Psychic Feel Zone but no Overloards to set it up quickly.  I was able to keep in it for a bit, but I ultimately lost.

Not sure how I feel on the Kozmo matchup.  The Psychics ability to banidodge makes it difficult to stop their pushes, though Zeta and Gamma are able to deal with Forerunner and if Overload is able to actually hit a Farmgirl, she ain't coming back.  The big thing I noticed while losing Game 3 was Psy-Framelord Omega's Standby Phase effect to put banished cards back into the graveyard was extremely disruptive to Shard as I was able to take away a Forerunner that he had planned to get back with Kozmotown.  Therefore if I'm able to get 2 Omegas onto the board and make them stick, I think the deck has a chance.

In regards to how the deck peformed it was okay.  There were some issues I noticed after today such as dead drawing Psychic Feel Zone, Psychic Path being less than helpful and my reliance on Circuit.  I also didn't like Jar of Avarice and feel like Psychic Overload would be helpful.  I get that Jar recycles spells/traps, but the draw 2 off Overload seems more powerful.  I also noticed that I really, really should have ran Soul Charge as it doesn't hurt my deck at all.  Doomcalibur Knight was surprisingly not bad.  Unlike Wind-Up Rabbit he's actually big enough to get over some monsters and doesn't require 9 cards like the Yosenju engine and thus makes the deck brick less.  I'll continue to play him for the next while, but may ultimately drop him for something else that lets me attack on my turn and get the hell out of dodge afterwards.

Props
-Yay top 4?
-Got to Psy-Frame
-Added 2 more names to the list of people that Psy-Frames have pissed off

Slops
-Getting Circuit MST'd repeatedly
-Bricking

No comments:

Post a Comment