Saturday 31 October 2015

CFV Locals Report - "How do you not know what Seal Dragons do?"

This should be short as I already gave away last week what I'd be playing this time around in order to deal with all of the Paladin nonsense of my locals in the form of Brawlers as Big Bang Knuckle Turbo is one of the best ways to punish board spammage while Narukami's Grade 2 cardpool allows you to play the gradestuck game against stride reliant decks.

Round 1 - vs Gear Chronicle (1-2)

Not a whole lot I can say on this match as it's me vs Norden so we both respected each other's cards enough to not overextend, though Upheaval Pegasus really did fuck over my board presence whenever it was dropped while in turn I ORAORAORAORA'D his board when I felt it was needed.  Ultimately though the match came down to me getting Crit'd to death by Chronodragon Nextage + Chronojet Dragon, with one instance being triple crit.

Round 2 - vs Seal Dragons (2-0)

I legit had to ask this guy what his cards did as I've never played against Seal Dragons before due to no self respecting player ever touching the deck beforehand.  I even got a (somewhat) scoff and a "how could you not know what Seal Dragons do?" in response.  Needless to say I thrash him thoroughly as Kagero decks not named Dragonic Overlord die to Narukami in G-Format.  He does get some retires off, but each time I either call out a Chatura, Slash Buster or in one hilarious case call out Skyhowl Dragon to snipe off the G2 that made me call it out.  Lol!

Round 3 - vs Messiah (2-1)

That feeling when you build your deck to counter the Paladin players and instead they all play Link Joker this week.  Rip my attempt to next level.  Oh well this was a golden opportunity to try and pay this guy back regardless while trying to figure out this matchup as Brawlers vs Star-Vaders was very dicey, but Messiah on the other hand should be well in my favour due to them needing RGs which well...y'know.

Anyway Game 1 he made me start which was fine as I had a hand that would let me play the Grade 2 stuck game which he made the mistake of trying to do and it backfired on him horrendously as I had Chatura/Slash Buster/Skyhowl with boosters and put him to 4 damage to 2.  He eventually rides to 3 and I follow suit with a Legion play, then a Madew and outresource him.  Game 2 I tried to Gradestuck him again but didn't draw the needed cards in order to keep it up before making a brutal misplay of striding into Turbo but without any Counterblasts, thus I wasn't able to wipe his board which gave him a turn to make a huge push, flip 3 crits and leave me with almost no hand for the next turn where he attacked with a big Amnesty Messiah and flipped 2 crits and I died.  At this point it dawns on me that he's running 12 crit and I play accordingly as I snipe off his starter, get hits in with Chatura and most importantly getting Crossride stats vs a deck that can't make 18k columns that easily.  Thanks to the defense buff my Draw Triggers are able to hold off his attacks while I continually boardwipe him with Turbo/Buster/Buster and draw the game out enough so that he ends up decking out before I can Conquest Dragon him.

I finish the day 5-3 and end up getting second, first place going to my round 3 opponent (meaning that had I not got crit sacked in Round 1 or 3, I may have gotten first) and a whole bunch of people tied for third.  Overall I was very pleased with my deck as I had made some changes to it prior with the aim of improving its early game with the addition of Threatening Brawler, Koumei and Wildcloak Dragon and a 4th copy of Skyhowl Dragon over Chatura so that I could play the Grade 2 game vs G-Decks.  Another minor but huge change was the addition of Rain Element, Madew in the G-Zone as striding for free and picking up Big Bangs from the drop zone for Buster's Legion skill was very huge.  While it goes without saying that Legion decks should play Madew as a 1 of Staple, it goes doubly for this deck.

Props
-I got to play Narukami in a tournament, that's always a prop
-After the last couple locals where I had abysmal performances, I came roaring back with my fists of fury!
-Got my revenge on "Pokemon Scott" but utterly destroying and outplaying him.  Your stacking and triple crits can only carry you so far!


Slops
-Crit Sacking ruined what was an otherwise good match with Norden

No comments:

Post a Comment