Saturday 23 January 2016

Cardfight!! Vanguard Win A Box Report - Got Dunked On

So we had a Win A Box tournament for Vanguard.  And our turnout was almost 20 people including some I haven't seen in years.  I hope this becomes a reoccuring thing because for once we had worthwhile competition in a locals environment where most of the players can be scrubby.

In regards to what I played I went through 3 decks before settling on Narukami Kaiser.  I initially chose it, then went with Brawlers so I could have crossride defense and mass removal, then Musketeers for their rush game before back to Kaiser for its greater consistency and high power lanes.  How'd it go?  Well...

Round 1 - vs Revengers (0-2)

Game 1 I pushed him to 5 damage on three straight turns and he kept healing back to 4!  After that I check no triggers during my Warning and Conquest Turns so he mounts a comeback and I lose a game that I should have honestly won (he even admitted as such).  Rip.  Game 2 I draw too many 3s and cannot handle his shit and die.

Round 2 - vs Nouvelle/Blademaster (2-0)

I end up having to G assist for my G1 Ride for two turns and play out of a 3 to 1 damage gap because of trigger sacking, but thankfully I resolve Chatura a few times and get first stride which with Vanquisher helps out immensely.  A few Conquest turns later I kill her.  Game 2 on the other hand I destroy her without question because well if Narukami can outpace and smash DotX then what the hell chance does any other variant of Kagero have against the clan?

Round 3 - vs Narukami Kaiser (1-2)

Game 1 he ends up Gradestuck at 2 while I build up advantage and I win the grind.  Game 2 on the other hand I have a poor start and get some really poor draws/checks for a mirror match and eventually lose it thanks to him getting multiple Crown Holder Dragons to stick.  Then game 3 he puts me at 5 damage to 1 and I have to deal with his high power attacks without perfect guards because god forbid I check those.

And that was it.  Top 8 was called and I obviously didn't make it in.  3 Cancer Decks (2 Ripples, 1 Sanc Guard), 4 former Cancer decks (Shadow Paladins, Liberators, Seekers) and 1 good deck (Narukami Kaiser) topped.

Props
-Picked up commons and rares for Gears and Narus out of set 5.
-Picked up Seven Seas for Granblue.  The road to finding a backup to Nightrose continues!
-Dunking on Arpy's Shadow Paladin witches with Musketeers.  The matchup is as hilarious as I thought it was.

Slops
-Bricking
-Not topping
-Missing out on the Set 5 sneaks.  A Finish Blow Dragon got pulled while I was absent and of course the BAD Narukami player is able to snag it.
-Cancer, cancer everywhere.  Ripples and Sanc Guard's exit from the format isn't coming fast enough

No comments:

Post a Comment