Saturday 29 July 2017

G-BT12 Narukami Spoilers - Week 3

Well after having literally the nuts flashed at us last week we're back to talking about some mere commons.  Oh wait there's also a promo as well!  Well this is interesting.  Last I hear Granblue and Nova Grappler got some REALLY good promos that have been big helps to their decks.  I wonder if this guy will be the same?



Demonic Dragon Berserker, Manas
An ogre carries an iron club. A dragon carries thunder.”
Grade 3 / Normal Unit /
Power 10000
AUTO (VC/RC) GB1: When this Unit attacks a Vanguard, during that battle, this Unit gains Power+4000.
AUTO (RC) Thunderstrike 1: When this Unit’s attack hits a Rear-guard, Retire that Rear-guard, then bind it face-up.

That.  Flavour text.

Otherwise...it's not that good.  I had some ideas of what could be done with this guy but the more I think on it the more I realize he's just not good.  He's a 10k body which makes him awful to ride, his +4k is GB restricted (and only occurs when attacking the VG) and while being able to retire bind  what he hits at TS1 is useful in theory, in actuality he's likely going to be swinging at VG since most people try to play around Narukami by leaving their front row empty.  Now this could change if we get the ability to turn any RG into a One Strike Two Folds Djinn in the future but for now since Manas can't hit backrow units (which imo are way more valuable to a deck's strategy) he's not something to write home about.  I will say however that Manas DOES have applications in the Seven Scum matchup as he can threaten any Nightspinels, Slash Shades and Prisoner Dragons that are in play (though you're gonna have to boost him up to some HEUG numbers to actually get that hit to land).


Wyvern Strike, Timrasch
Grade 1 / Normal Unit / Dragon Empire – Narukami – Winged Dragon
Power 7000
Shield 5000
ACT (RC) Thunderstrike 3: [Retire this Unit] Choose a number of your Units up to the same number of cards in your opponent’s Bind Zone, during that turn, they gain Power+3000.

Now this is just bad.  -1 just to give out 3k buffs to potentially my whole board?  And at Thunderstrike 3 no less?  He also doesn't contribute TO Thunderstrike which is another problem I've got.  At least Trainee Monk Dragon can put himself into the Soul to let Vanquisher punch something.



Plasmatron Dragon
Grade 2 / Normal Unit / Dragon Empire – Narukami – Thunder Dragon
Power 9000
Shield 5000
ACT (RC) 1/Turn Thunderstrike 4: [CB1] For each of your opponent’s Bound cards, during that turn, this Unit gains Power+2000.
AUTO GB1: When this Unit is placed on (RC), your opponent chooses 1 card from their Drop Zone, and binds it face-up.

I've gone on record saying I didn't like Cloudmaster Dragon.  I thought he was incredibly bad for what he required (GB1 and Thunderstrike 2 at a time where binding outside of GB was really hard) with the payoff only being good the turn you called it.  Otherwise he was a 9k vanilla any other time.  I had also said many times if they ever made a Cloudmaster Dragon that could activate it's skill at any time it'd be a card I'd consider running.

Well here we are.

Plasmatron Dragon is good.  He may very well be one of the best commons in the set (and so far the only bad commons are Timrasch and the Eradicator support so GJ Bushi) and he pretty much fixes all the problems I had with Cloudmaster.  Same power gain ability except I can use it whenever I want?  Check.  Easier conditions for this skill?  Somewhat check.  Helps you towards your goal of building Thunderstrikes?  Why I didn't even ask for that but sure we take those!  Plasmatron Dragon is a card that does all of the things right...and yet I am probably not going to run it because (and I can't believe I can actually say this) the Thunderstrike deck now has alot of options for what it can run and as good as this is Chatura/10ks/Martial Arts Dragon are better.  If Vanguard had sidedecking or we'd get out of this awful Gradelocking/Rushing format that has required the use of Vanillas to deal with it, I'd likely run this guy over my 10ks.  However because sandbagging exists, he will (likely) see no play.

Well that's it for now.  Check back next week.  Probably going to only have 1 thing to talk about as I suspect the COTDs are gonna be about Gears, Neos, Shadows and OTT.  I'd really like to know what our new Perfect Guard does so I can proxy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment