Sunday 31 May 2015

Locals Report - More Derdles

Mashing Cardfight!! and Yu-Gi-Oh! again as the latter portion of this will be small due to how aids the format is.

I decided to build and play Anti-Meta this time around as I'd been dying to put my Lose 1 Turns I bought in Winnipeg to good use while also not wanting to think a whole bunch so I built something similar to Inch95's Budget Deck, except I made it not so budget.  Completely cancerous thing with Necrovalley, Banisher, Doomcal, battle traps and shit.  The kind of thing that'd make people go "this is bullshit, let's Vanguard."

How'd it go?  Well...

Round 1 - vs Nurse Burn (0-2)

And I'm paired up against the only deck more degenerate than mine.  Worse yet both games he has the combo and I get burned for 9k.

Round 2 - vs Dragon.dek (2-0)

This one was really silly as on paper my deck is in every way superior to his own yet his...did things that pushed me back.  He had removal for my monsters both conventional and downright absurd and summoned things that I had trouble getting over with outside of battle traps.  Alexandrite Dragon is SCARY when you don't have a Force or Prison.  Both games were grindy and came down to me waiting for him to overextend in order to clear his board and push back.

Round 3 - vs Heroes (2-0)

He had an explosive start with a Turn 1 Darklaw to my hand of Upstart Banisher Duality Prison and Macro to which I'm like :/ and set a bunch.  As luck would have it though I raw drew into a Mirror Force and he made another Darklaw and swung both of them into it.  Score!  Game 2 he opens with Fusion Gate and Great Tornado which I clear with Fiendish while flip summoning Fossil Dyna and win with my infinite backrow + monsters that don't let him do anything.

I'm so great at this game guys.

After proceeding to miss top cut I picked up an Infernoid Core and a Ghost Ogre and other cards before we all moved over to Robins/Burger King where I proceeded to make Woodhouse salty by dickbutting his Chaos Shaddolls with constant Necrovalley, Kycoo, etc including one moment where he called me out on opening with the "Turn 1 Power Card" that fucked his deck over.

Oh sweet irony.

Moving onto Vanguard to make an extremely lengthy story short I had completed Brawlers and Aqua Force with Lambrose ready for this weekend and I had several games with them and I won a good portion of them when sacking, bricking or getting overwhelmed weren't factors.  Aqua Force are VERY scary now that Lambrose is a thing and he's definitely worth the hype and that's really all it is, Lambrose.dek.  It doesn't matter if you're playing Malestrom or Thavas as your build as in the end it's your G-Units doing the work (though I must say Thavas' stride break skill is more valuable than I expected).  Brawlers continue to be an aggressive control deck that favours beatdown more than removal but has gained consistency with Chatura, plays outside of Legion and a kill move in Conquest.  They're going to be a consistent Tier 1 Deck threat for the duration of the format.  Eradicators and Vermillion?  That remains to be seen.

Props
-Finished Aqua and Brawlers!
-Got Primavera, Infernoid and Ghost Ogre
-Got to bust out my Mettaur Sleeves.  They're walking Helmets!

Slops
-Got Nurse Burn'd,
-That awkward moment when you're going to call someone out on running Baby Dragon Rulers in their deck before realizing "oh wait, they're unbanned..."

No comments:

Post a Comment