Friday 25 January 2019

Cardfight!! Vanguard - V-BT03 Format Wrap Up

With the Japanese release of V-BT04 this weekend I can officially declare this current format over.  Probably one of the best that Standard has had at the least so it'll be sad to see it go.  With that being said I've made a tally of how many Top 4s each clan has had during this current format based on the results I've already posted and well I can't say I'm surprised with some of these;

OCG Singles

Royal Paladin - 3
Murakumo - 2
Oracle Think Tank - 2**
Narukami - 1
Angel Feather - 1
Neo Nectar - 1
Gold Paladin - 1
Genesis - 1
Great Nature - 1
Kagero - 1

**Oracle Think Tank won Worlds.

OCG Teams

Angel Feather - 21
Oracle Think Tank -  18
Royal Paladin -  15
Narukami - 10
Neo Nectar - 5
Great Nature - 5
Gold Paladin - 3
Genesis - 2
Gear Chronicle - 2
Kagero - 1 

This is what I figured would happen.  AF and OTT being the top two decks with AF taking the lead while Royal Paladin is now the best Force deck with an absurd early game rush if it sees the Knightbros and a strong finisher in Monarch/Exculpate.  What surprised me however was Narukami's performance as it's the 4th best deck in the format and by a bit of a margin too.  Great Nature admittedly saw a surge in numbers near the end (and this was before Worlds happened) but I'm pleased to see my Thunder Bois getting in there.  Probably has to do with having a favourable matchup against OTT and AF and the lower NN numbers.  It's far and away the most popular and best performing Accel deck in the format however.  Nubatama completely flopped in Standard and despite having 2 waves of support to its name Gold Paladin has a whopping 3 tops.

Now will this be the same here?  I'm doubtful of it.  North America seems to favour Genesis which has a good matchup into Angel Feather so we may not see it have as much of a lead over OTT.  RP should have similar or better numbers and Narukami I think has a chance of repeating it's performance here since its playerbase is very dedicated and people have been waiting since G-BT12 to play the deck again.

No comments:

Post a Comment